2023 Recruiting: - Coen Carr Offer | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Coen Carr Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we get Jaylin Stewart I strongly disagree with this assessment.
Id be happy with a class of castle, ball, Stewart, ross and brandon Williams but A class with 2/5 guys ranked in the top 100 is not a "masterpiece" and thats with the expectation we get Stewart and he gets a big bump. Dukes class this year with 3 guys in the top 5 is a masterpiece

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Id be happy with a class of castle, ball, Stewart, ross and brandon Williams but A class with 2/5 guys ranked in the top 100 is not a "masterpiece". Dukes class this year is a masterpiece with 3 guys in the top 5.

I expect Stewart will get a bump but no idea how high
Stewart and Williams are both top 100 players, the only reason they aren't already is not every site has updated their rankings

pj

Reaction Score
Solomon Ball is top 100 on 247. Only Ross is consensus outside the top 100.

Reaction Score
Id be happy with a class of castle, ball, Stewart, ross and brandon Williams but A class with 2/5 guys ranked in the top 100 is not a "masterpiece" and thats with the expectation we get Stewart and he gets a big bump. Dukes class this year with 3 guys in the top 5 is a masterpiece
If UConn gets that class that will be amazing. Idgaf about what Dook does, they can get the burger boys and continue to have their rivalries ended like last year. Players who commit to Dook do get preferential treatment as well.

I’d take that 5 man class mentioned over Dook’s all day, I don’t want players who would go to that program full of pansies

Think about getting top 10 commits of Josh McBob and Greg Paulus, arguably the most cringeworthy college players of all time. So overrated

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With that class you have potentially three very high efficiency scorers in Castle, Ball and Stewart. May not be a ratings masterpiece but could be a scoring masterpiece.

Reaction Score
Also, none of those guys you mention were consensus top 5 guys. They’re all solid don’t get me wrong…but Flip and Lively were not ranked like that their entire recruitment. Committing to Dook adds to that rank, if either committed to UConn they’d have a Castle ranking

Reaction Score
Also, none of those guys you mention were consensus top 5 guys. They’re all solid don’t get me wrong…but Flip and Lively were not ranked like that their entire recruitment. Committing to Dook adds to that rank, if either committed to UConn they’d have a Castle ranking
This is just not true. Lively was a top 40 recruit as a freshman, top 20 by June, top 5 in August and was ranked #1 before in early September before he committed to Duke in late September. Filipowski did get a boost from 30 up to top 5 after committing. Maybe it was a Duke boost, maybe it was because that summer was the first time kids had played in a year and a half due to Covid and recruiting services hadn't seen kids the whole time

Reaction Score
This is just not true. Lively was a top 40 recruit as a freshman, top 20 by June, top 5 in August and was ranked #1 before in early September before he committed to Duke in late September. Filipowski did get a boost from 30 up to top 5 after committing. Maybe it was a Duke boost, maybe it was because that summer was the first time kids had played in a year and a half due to Covid and recruiting services hadn't seen kids the whole time
What’s not true? None were top 5 guys until the end. Dook bump on both accounts. Lively was always a top 40-50 player, Flip wasn’t even ranked I don’t think then got into the top 50...when Dook got involved they both shot up the rankings..pretty sure Amari Bailey was top 5 since the rankings came out, somehow fell to 10th as I just looked, I’d bet that Bailey would be #1 if he was going to Dook.

Reaction Score
If UConn gets that class that will be amazing. Idgaf about what Dook does, they can get the burger boys and continue to have their rivalries ended like last year. Players who commit to Dook do get preferential treatment as well.

I’d take that 5 man class mentioned over Dook’s all day, I don’t want players who would go to that program full of pansies

Think about getting top 10 commits of Josh McBob and Greg Paulus, arguably the most cringeworthy college players of all time. So overrated
I mean, love that you’re chugging the blue kool aid but if you’re not willing to exchange duke’s class for ours because the kids want to go to Duke - when it’s likely half our class with be gone if they had a commutable Duke offer - is borderline parody.

I too hate Duke, but they’re light years ahead of us in recruiting. I had high hopes that this class would close the chasm some. I don’t think we need multiple burger boys to succeed, but DH has been under delivering recently in recruiting and he’s running out of seasons/leash.

Reaction Score
What’s not true? None were top 5 guys until the end. Dook bump on both accounts. Lively was always a top 40-50 player, Flip wasn’t even ranked I don’t think then got into the top 50...when Dook got involved they both shot up the rankings..pretty sure Amari Bailey was top 5 since the rankings came out, somehow fell to 10th as I just looked, I’d bet that Bailey would be #1 if he was going to Dook.
I'm saying Lively was top 5 before he committed to Duke when he rose to #1. Flip was top 50 most of the winter, rose to top 50-60 in the spring, then top 30 after his Duke commitment and kept going to top 5

Reaction Score
Oh my godddd, get over this “UConn vs. the World” nonsense. Please, it’s so juvenile.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh my godddd, get over this “UConn vs. the World” nonsense. Please, it’s so juvenile.
Hey it’s like you don’t know us at all anymore. We’re still the website you fell in love with. Don’t try to change us.

Reaction Score
Monster class for them.
They already signed 4* PF Xavier booker so looks like they promised to give Carr what he wants and play him on the wing. Izzo Making the same mistake he did with Miles Bridges.

Reaction Score
They already signed 4* PF Xavier booker so looks like they promised to give Carr what he wants and play him on the wing. Izzo Making the same mistake he did with Miles Bridges.
Miles was 37.5% from 3. He’s wasn’t a non shooter like Coen

Edit: Disregard. I dont want to defend that scumbag Miles Bridges

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Miles was 37.5% from 3. He’s wasn’t a non shooter like Coen

Edit: Disregard. I dont want to defend that scumbag Miles Bridges
Same but I also don’t understand this take.

Reaction Score
The take is that bridges broke out last season when the hornets moved him from SF to PF, which izzo shoulda realized in the first place like everyone else that was watching. Instead he lost on the second round with a lineup featuring Winston, Langford, bridges and Jaren Jackson.

Reaction Score
The take is that bridges broke out last season when the hornets moved him from SF to PF, which izzo shoulda realized in the first place like everyone else that was watching. Instead he lost on the second round with a lineup featuring Winston, Langford, bridges and Jaren Jackson.
That team also had Ward @ center right? May have been partially just getting your best kids on the floor too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom