COBRA Kai | Page 6 | The Boneyard

COBRA Kai

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m curious how they do this. I’ll be starting this weekend.

There’s too much going on.

And again, Miguel is the far better bad guy and has zero chemistry with Sam.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think I watched the first 3 seasons fairly close together. By now I've kind of forgotten who all double crossed who, who switched sides, etc. etc. Kinda seems like everybody has done at least one of the above.

the Q

Reaction Score
I think I watched the first 3 seasons fairly close together. By now I've kind of forgotten who all double crossed who, who switched sides, etc. etc. Kinda seems like everybody has done at least one of the above.

Yup.

And I still maintain that Miguel and Robby are better in their s2 roles

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought this had been announced as the final season. Clearly not.

the Q

Reaction Score
For some reason I thought this had been announced as the final season. Clearly not.

I thought it was as well. Maybe it was the plan was 4 seasons.

But I still need to finish it

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, tried to watch new season on Saturday. I got about 5 minutes in to first episode this season and I was like this is so stupid.

Then I realized I've done the same thing every season.

It takes me 3-4 tries to start watching.

the Q

Reaction Score
They closed up a lot of arcs this season

Season 5 will be interesting just for that

the Q

Reaction Score

More face/heel turns than pro wrestling lol

the Q

Reaction Score
Yes, today. An old baddie is in it. Spoiler alert.

I can’t believe they got him and did what they did….it’s wild in a vacuum

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, did the whole season today.

Pretty cool with Thomas Ian Griffith returning- a Hartford navtive and South Catholic alumnus.

I was digging the Terry Silver character the first half of the season because it seemed like he was able to control Kreese. Wasn't as big of a fan when they turned him in to a Mr. Money Bags character. The bribing the judges was a completely unnecessary plot twist.

Reaction Score

Pretty cool with Thomas Ian Griffith returning- a Hartford navtive and South Catholic alumnus.

I was digging the Terry Silver character the first half of the season because it seemed like he was able to control Kreese. Wasn't as big of a fan when they turned him in to a Mr. Money Bags character. The bribing the judges was a completely unnecessary plot twist.

There was about 100 unnecessary plot twists. But fun nonetheless.

the Q

Reaction Score

I cannot believe that they not only got him back after being retired for 15 years, but he’s doing a second season

the Q

Reaction Score

If everyone acted rationally we would’ve needed like…4 episodes total.

Not this season.

Total.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Touche'.

I guess I could have said character development rather than plot twists but yes, this show requires a lot of suspension of belief.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think my favorite part was when Daniel was teaching Miguel how to drive and talking about how awesome Chicago and Peter Cetera were and then Johnny cracking on Chicago for being crappy. Nice play on the 80's soundtrack songs. I was almost wondering if Johnny was going to talk about Chicago being a good band until Peter Cetera killed it but they keep Johnny fully in 80's mode which was well after Chicago was worth a damn.

Reaction Score
It all sets up an interesting Season 5. Will we see:

Mike Barnes (Sean Kanan)?
Jessica Andrews (Robin Lively)?
Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank)?

I hope they all make an appearance before it's all over but my money is on a major role for Mike and perhaps cameos for Jessica and Julie.

Also, they keep mentioning Johnny's real father to a point where I think we might get to meet him as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Season 5 drops in early September.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
About halfway thru the season. Seems like one of the better seasons thus far. Some characters are exhibiting actual growth as human beings.

I think Daniel is the worst character. His self righteous quests he's always on do nothing but make life worse for everybody. He is the biggest problem. He had to stop Johnny, then he had to stop Kreese, now he has to stop Silver. He's never fixed anything despite all his efforts. Is he suffering long delayed PTSD from his high school days? How else to explain how completely irrational he is? His wife finally wised up and got sick of his antics.

Johnny is getting really close to acting like an actual adult this year. But he is the worst Uber driver ever.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
About halfway thru the season. Seems like one of the better seasons thus far. Some characters are exhibiting actual growth as human beings.

I think Daniel is the worst character. His self righteous quests he's always on do nothing but make life worse for everybody. He is the biggest problem. He had to stop Johnny, then he had to stop Kreese, now he has to stop Silver. He's never fixed anything despite all his efforts. Is he suffering long delayed PTSD from his high school days? How else to explain how completely irrational he is? His wife finally wised up and got sick of his antics.

Johnny is getting really close to acting like an actual adult this year. But he is the worst Uber driver ever.
Got through four episodes last night and yeah, more Daniel being Daniel. Wondering if there will be a twist with karate’s bad boy Mike Barnes having an old contract to own 50% of all Cobra Kai dojos from KK3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well, the nuance and depth to start the season went out the window and they returned to full on crazy down the stretch.

Not sure where they would go with another season. Many rivalries have seemingly been wrapped up. I think Tory was my favorite character this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom