Coaching openings | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Coaching openings

Reaction Score
Law wasn't good as a HC at Illinois. Clearly there has been a lot of water under the bridge since and maybe she's learned a thing or two.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Never heard of her
Good coach. As Wake's press release said, "She is American's all-time wins leader and the only head coach in program history to lead the Eagles to the NCAA Tournament. She was named Patriot League Coach of the Year twice and led the Eagles to five 20-plus win seasons." For a number of years, Bucknell and Lehigh would have the run of that league, but Gabbia built a really solid team over the last few years, winning the Patriot League tourney this year and going to the NCAA tournament against Michigan.

Jade Edwards, her star guard at American, was a heck of a guard both defensively and offensively. She's using her COVID year to play at DePaul, not far from her home in Ravenswood.

This is largely a rebuild job, but if Jewell Spear stays, Gabbia will have an Edwards+ from the get-go.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It’s almost July and there are several assistant coaching jobs that are open. Louisville, Texas, Kentucky and Florida State to name a few.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
It’s almost July and there are several assistant coaching jobs that are open. Louisville, Texas, Kentucky and Florida State to name a few.
Add Notre Dame, as well, after Coquese Washington left to take the head coaching position at Rutgers.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Add Notre Dame, as well, after Coquese Washington left to take the head coaching position at Rutgers.
And unless something was announced today, Rutgers as well, although an insider said that Tasha Pointer and Nikki McCray have been hired as assistants by Coach Washington - no announcement as of yesterday.

Reaction Score
And unless something was announced today, Rutgers as well, although an insider said that Tasha Pointer and Nikki McCray have been hired as assistants by Coach Washington - no announcement as of yesterday.

If the rumour is true, that also indicates McCray is healthy enough to coach after stepping down at Miss State. I'll take that type of news.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
If those rumors are true, one assistant (Pointer) is a former Rutgers player and assistant coach, while the other (McCray) has extensive background south of the Mason-Dixon line. Washington herself was at Penn State and worked the I-95 corridor. She has also steadfastly maintained a relationship with her Flint/Michigan homebase. Will be interesting to see whom the third assistant is. Will they hire a "current" Jersey person? Maybe a slightly younger assistant to round things out from a demographic perspective?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If those rumors are true, one assistant (Pointer) is a former Rutgers player and assistant coach, while the other (McCray) has extensive background south of the Mason-Dixon line. Washington herself was at Penn State and worked the I-95 corridor. She has also steadfastly maintained a relationship with her Flint/Michigan homebase. Will be interesting to see whom the third assistant is. Will they hire a "current" Jersey person? Maybe a slightly younger assistant to round things out from a demographic perspective?
That would be a major question.

The "insider" reporting this has often been correct, in fact he touted Washington before it was announced. Of course, he also ran through about 6 other "front runners" before he got to her. And maybe, as it dripped out to him, they were. The big debate in RU fan land is why no announcement, some speculation ties to July 1 fiscal year, but who knows.

I have no horse in all this, it needs to be someone Coach Washington is comfortable with and can develop the team. Tasha is a good hire, I think, and McCray - if indeed healthy - a home run although, she may not be long for the job depending on her health issues - she may want to resume a head coaching career if able.

Watching carefully, because Rutgers needs some serious coaching at this point.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Looks like the Kelly Graves coaching tree continues to expand outwards. I wonder who they'll find as a replacement. From what I've read, Moser was involved in their recruiting when he was hired/promoted last year.
No, Filled in for Jackie Hairston who was pregnant last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom