Coaching decisions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching decisions

Reaction Score
I already told you, I think it pissed off Bisaccia, gave what was taking place a minute to marinate and for him to decide what to do. Before that it sure seemed to be an organically developing situation where they had a sort of an unspoken agreement on what was happening and how the game would play out, at least on Bisaccia's end. The timeout changed everything.

I never said the Chargers weren't content with a tie. They should've been ecstatic with a tie but I think the timeout kind of forced Bisaccia's hand or at least made him want to run it down their throats and end it.
But the point is that the Raiders were already in FG range before the TO, albeit a long FG attempt. And it was clear they were trying to put themselves in a situation where they kicked a FG to either win the game or tie, guaranteeing themselves a playoff spot. That's a win/win for the Raiders but not the Chargers. The Chargers only chance to guarantee a playoff spot was by forcing LV out of FG range to the point they were content to let the clock run out rather than punt

Reaction Score
He called the TO to get his best run defense on the field. This isn't that complicated.
That’s what he said and makes some sense, but shows no insight into what was taking place on the field, in the bigger picture. LV was not in any rush to score, they were letting the clock run with only running plays, not even passing to get into FG range. Thats when the LA coach called a TO. It could easily be perceived by LV that LA was trying to win the game. After the TO, LV changed their approach and went for the win, as was mentioned after the game by their qb, Derek Carr. So apparently a more complex scenario than some thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom