Coaching changes? | The Boneyard

Coaching changes?

Reaction Score
Which coaches are likely to be fired? For all the talk about Tennessee, I think there are a couple of others in the SEC who should be ahead of her in line.

Kentucky has gone from a top 30ish program to the basement in 4 years. I don't see how you can give her a fifth year, while Missouri coach has zero tourney appearances without Sophie Cunningham and three losing seasons in five since she left. Both of them seem to be pursuing a style that is ill suited to the conference. If these coaches can't win now, good luck when Texas and Oklahoma are added to the schedule.

I get it with the Pingeton. She was midwest all the way and came to Missouri right before they moved to the SEC. That's just bad luck, but you can either adjust or you can try to flop your way to a conference title and complain that the other teams are more athletic. Option 2 was a bold choice.

Letting cruiserweight and middleweight programs collapse is just as big a reason the conference is down as Tennessee going from national power to bubble program.
Also, I know it's only year 2, but I'm watching you, Georgia. Get it together quick.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kentucky AD issued a statement backing Elzy just yesterday I think. Sounds like she'll get at least 1 more year.

Reaction Score
Then Kentucky doesn't care about women's basketball. They're terrible with a bunch of seniors and juniors. Even if your entire senior class takes their 5th year, there's no reason to believe she'll turn this around.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I agree she should be gone, but you and I don't get a vote.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak