Coaching Carousel begins... Rutgers fires Chris Ash | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel begins... Rutgers fires Chris Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
hopefully Uconn can get Rossomando on staff at the end of the yr.
I was called crazy for wanting to give him a look after they let Weist go. Yes, he was Div II at the time but he won. He was a good hire for CCSU and now has FCS HC experience.If money weren't an issue (it is), it's a no-brainer to get him on staff.

Reaction Score
Schiano can get RU back in BIG. Went to Wisconsin-NW game this w/e and this is not the AAC, this is ball control and time of possession. Now, tOSU will dominate and brohm may eventually get kids to Purdue or Locksley can learn to recruit and coach, but there’s a reason urban so dominated this conf.

Reaction Score
Someone else agrees...
It is surprising more teams haven't tried it. The system works. Army was an easy field goal away from beating Michigan, Rutgers gets blown out by Michigan. I now find myself watching Cal Poly and Kennesaw State highlights on youtube to get my full triple option fix. People call it a gimmick offense which is foolish, it's older than the forward pass.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I like Monken, but Paul Johnson is out there. I'd start with him.
Seriously? Why? First....he retired. I haven’t heard he wants to coach. Second...triple option is a gadget offense that no other P5 team plays. For a reason. You will struggle to win 8 games, struggle with recruiting, and struggle in bowls. Rutgers actually has more potential than that.

Johnson’s next job won’t be P5...that is if he wants to coach.

Reaction Score
I like Monken, but Paul Johnson is out there. I'd start with him.

I remember when we last played Army at the Rent that Monken was obviously enraged on the sidelines as it became apparent we would win. It was clear he expected to beat us. He has done an amazing job at Army since then. I would be surprised if Rutgers wanted to go with an option coach though.

Reaction Score
Seriously? Why? First....he retired. I haven’t heard he wants to coach. Second...triple option is a gadget offense that no other P5 team plays. For a reason. You will struggle to win 8 games, struggle with recruiting, and struggle in bowls. Rutgers actually has more potential than that.

Johnson’s next job won’t be P5...that is if he wants to coach.
PJ had a hell of a run at GTech. Thought he was let go there. He won the ACC 2X so...

Id take him here in a nano second.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Please hire Jeff Monken.

It’s like quitting the sport. Just have the cheerleaders run around with white flags when the other team scores.

Reaction Score
As a Tennessee football fan as well as a UConn football fan and I can't believe I'm going to type this - I miss Lane Kiffin and wow did I hate him as a hire. who knew that he'd be the coach you'd look back on wistfully.

If you think the UConn athletic department is the epitome of ineptitude just look about 900 miles south.

It's not been a fun fall for me in a VERY long time.

Reaction Score

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Quite the story.... Chris Ash had no answers....

From his seat at 30,000 feet in a chartered jet, Rutgers Athletics Director Pat Hobbs observed his football coach going through a familiar, maddening routine. Slumped in his seat, with the light of a computer screen illuminating his face, Chris Ash watched and rewatched video clips of that afternoon’s embarrassing 52-0 loss to Michigan as if he were trying to find the solution that had escaped his grasp since the day he was hired to fix a troubled program.

But no matter how many times Ash hit rewind and play ... rewind and play ... rewind and play ... there would be no ah-ha moments — and Hobbs knew it.

Hobbs respected his football coach for his dedication, telling a confidant it reminded him of his old-school father, who would “keep working until somebody tells you to stop working.’’ But Hobbs also wondered aloud, "Why is he even looking at that complete and total debacle?’’

Why, indeed? In three consecutive losses after a season-opening victory, Rutgers had descended into familiar chaos, getting outscored 112-16, including 82-0 in a pair of deflating Big Ten blowouts. The Scarlet Knights sunk to new lows after each defeat, looking more overmatched on the field, and more despondent in the locker room afterward. Under Ash, Rutgers hadn’t won a conference game since 2017, and no matter how hard he looked for a sliver of hope in those video clips, Hobbs knew his coach wouldn’t find any.

Reaction Score
Quite the story.... Chris Ash had no answers....

From his seat at 30,000 feet in a chartered jet, Rutgers Athletics Director Pat Hobbs observed his football coach going through a familiar, maddening routine. Slumped in his seat, with the light of a computer screen illuminating his face, Chris Ash watched and rewatched video clips of that afternoon’s embarrassing 52-0 loss to Michigan as if he were trying to find the solution that had escaped his grasp since the day he was hired to fix a troubled program.

But no matter how many times Ash hit rewind and play ... rewind and play ... rewind and play ... there would be no ah-ha moments — and Hobbs knew it.

Hobbs respected his football coach for his dedication, telling a confidant it reminded him of his old-school father, who would “keep working until somebody tells you to stop working.’’ But Hobbs also wondered aloud, "Why is he even looking at that complete and total debacle?’’

Why, indeed? In three consecutive losses after a season-opening victory, Rutgers had descended into familiar chaos, getting outscored 112-16, including 82-0 in a pair of deflating Big Ten blowouts. The Scarlet Knights sunk to new lows after each defeat, looking more overmatched on the field, and more despondent in the locker room afterward. Under Ash, Rutgers hadn’t won a conference game since 2017, and no matter how hard he looked for a sliver of hope in those video clips, Hobbs knew his coach wouldn’t find any.

Damn, almost made me feel bad for him.

Almost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member