Coaching Carousel begins... Rutgers fires Chris Ash | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Coaching Carousel begins... Rutgers fires Chris Ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone watch Nunzio’s Monday Press Conference?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I do think eventually someone will get Rutgers bowling again, but it's an impossibly stacked deck against them in a division with Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State. Can't see them finishing ahead of any of them, let alone all four.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why?
I think they will find some internal resistance from the state employees / professors at the notion of dumping large sums of cash on a new coach while they owe Chris Ash 8MM- we’ll see.

Reaction Score
I think they will find some internal resistance from the state employees / professors at the notion of dumping large sums of cash on a new coach while they owe Chris Ash 8MM- we’ll see.

Knowing the Rutgers Union, that is an understatement...

Reaction Score
Edsall should use the Calipari method of job hunting.

Calipari got all kinds of hype by having his agent (when he was at Memphis) state that, "John has no interest in the (insert name of major school) job."

Of course he hadn't been contacted about the jobs and had not been offered the jobs but it made for great marketing.

Reaction Score
I hope Rhett Lashlee still likes UConn by the time Edsall leaves... if Rutgers plucks him I’ll be angry

Reaction Score
Edsall should use the Calipari method of job hunting.

Calipari got all kinds of hype by having his agent (when he was at Memphis) state that, "John has no interest in the (insert name of major school) job."

Of course he hadn't been contacted about the jobs and had not been offered the jobs but it made for great marketing.
Umm. Randy did this last time he was here. Syracuse and Kansas were two jobs in particular.

Reaction Score
CT HS Coach snark aside - interesting what they say:

Can't argue with anything the local coaches' said. Why they should not rule over the process, like what CT coaches did when Coach P was hired at UConn, they can't be ignored either, especially as Jersey has a lot more D1 football talent than CT has. The fact that Rutgers' rivals in the B1G, primarily Ohio St and Michigan (Penn St has been recruiting heavily from Jersey since the dawn of time), have taken full advantage of their 'new' presence in the region while Rutgers has not, speaks volumes. Ash was to a degree the Rutgers version of UConn's Diaco.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lashlee was awful.

you can’t have zero control of the game when you have huge deficiencies on Defense

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Lashlee was awful? Is this real life? What would you call Edsall then?

Pudge should try to take a mulligan on that one. Not a well thought out post at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom