Coach K Brings in Gervonta Davis | The Boneyard

Coach K Brings in Gervonta Davis

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score

A lot to process here. I guess Banchero and the grandson could learn from Tank about fleeing a crime scene

Reaction Score
Had to google who this even is. Looks like he’s facing a jury next year on 14 counts for a hit and run. Could be facing prison time

Reaction Score
You guys are too funny. No one dislikes Duke and K more than me, but what difference does it make who he brings in. Sometimes a message from someone who has experienced things hits harder. Wether or not Tank is a good person or not or have learned from his mistakes is anyone’s guess, but if OJ can change the direction of our football team, I’m bringing him in. That’s just me.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
You guys are too funny. No one dislikes Duke and K more than me, but what difference does it make who he brings in. Sometimes a message from someone who has experienced things hits harder. Wether or not Tank is a good person or not or have learned from his mistakes is anyone’s guess, but if OJ can change the direction of our football team, I’m bringing him in. That’s just me.
Davis has made poor decisions but is also a young man from a poverty-stricken area. In my book, he has plenty of time to turn his life around. As someone who follows his career, I would hope that if ten years from now he was visiting the Huskies I would say, “yes, that makes sense, he is a guy who made bad decisions in his early twenties but totally turned his life around”. The thing is that he is still actively dealing with the consequences from his decisions so it just seems bizarre especially given the arrests of players earlier this year

Reaction Score
From The Baltimore Sun. The charges include failure to remain at the scene of an accident involving bodily injury, failure to render reasonable assistance to an injured person, driving on a suspended license and related charges.

What kind if guest speaker is that? Nice example coach K.
This just happened in October . Don't comprehend.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Coach K's point was decisions have consequences. And how bad ones can ruin your life and hurt others

Reaction Score
I'm sure Coach K's point was decisions have consequences. And how bad ones can ruin your life and hurt others

Sure. We have a great speaker with ties to our program that teaches the same lessons. Even Kimani is a great example of that. I'm sure it's something that our program uses to help develop these young men all the time.

Pretty odd to have a guy who is in the midst of dealing with those consequences and has shown little to no remorse (or changed his actions at all) come in to speak to the team. Gervonta was arrested, what, 6 months ago? And has had run-ins with the law off and on for years now. The guy might do a nickel or more if convicted next year on his trail from the hit and run last year. And let's not forget the half a decade of sporadic assault and battery charges.

Gervonta Davis has hardly shown remorse or grown from his actions like Kimani and Maurice Clarett have. THOSE are the role models that kids should be hearing from.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think his point was that Duke is in a lot (some) of Husky fans heads, not a knock on the moderators.
Two FF losses to UConn. We're in their heads plenty.

Reaction Score
Two FF losses to UConn. We're in their heads plenty.
I'll be honest, they're in my head too. I get sick of them bringing in 5* recruits every year, always being in the national title talk, Dickie V. on their you-know-what, and them being coached by a mole person. All if that makes beating them even sweeter.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Strange choice from a strange person who has never been driving a straight line, the press and Dickie V be damned.
If it works fine but in my mind all he is doing is justifying to himself for playing his best player without thinking about any punishment
To each their own
K will be gone soon :p

Reaction Score
Do you want to be in charge of deciding who gets to post what?
This is just so hilarious. The shark avatar and this comment is just classic dry humor at its finest.

Reaction Score
Davis has made poor decisions but is also a young man from a poverty-stricken area. In my book, he has plenty of time to turn his life around. As someone who follows his career, I would hope that if ten years from now he was visiting the Huskies I would say, “yes, that makes sense, he is a guy who made bad decisions in his early twenties but totally turned his life around”. The thing is that he is still actively dealing with the consequences from his decisions so it just seems bizarre especially given the arrests of players earlier this year
lol what?!!! He was arrested for assaulting his gf and the hit and run charges are from last year. I dont know if hes a good or bad person but hes prone to bad decisions. He is not someone id want my kids taking any advice from. Its ok to make mistakes and turn your life around and try to share your experience with the younger generation but when youre actively acting a fool youre not doing anyone any good because you look like a hypocrite.

BoukofJames

Reaction Score
lol what?!!! He was arrested for assaulting his gf and the hit and run charges are from last year. I dont know if hes a good or bad person but hes prone to bad decisions. He is not someone id want my kids taking any advice from. Its ok to make mistakes and turn your life around and try to share your experience with the younger generation but when youre actively acting a fool youre not doing anyone any good because you look like a hypocrite.
That was exactly my point… lol

Reaction Score
K is untouchable in college basketball. After retirement he will assume his place in Heaven right alongside the lord only appearing now and then on ESPN or CBS at tournament time where the fawning and compliments will be nonstop. And of course his 5 stars have him sitting pretty in the present for this season. I’m sure there are UCONN fans that don’t hate him but I’ve just never known one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom