Coach CD on Dorka; Nika on state of the team | The Boneyard

Coach CD on Dorka; Nika on state of the team

Reaction Score
I don’t read all the threads here but I never see any update about Caroline. Last I saw, she had a stiff neck a couple of months ago but I see posts from people still waiting for her to be back to 100%. No one on these update videos ever refers to her as still being injured. What’s the scoop?

Reaction Score
I don’t read all the threads here but I never see any update about Caroline. Last I saw, she had a stiff neck a couple of months ago but I see posts from people still waiting for her to be back to 100%. No one on these update videos ever refers to her as still being injured. What’s the scoop?
Seems like the same misinformation being put out by UCONN like last season. This long still recovering with a stiff neck? Plus I'm concerned about Fudd now being out 3-6 weeks especially since no info on what her specific knee injury is. Last season it took Azzi way longer to get back than originally announced.

Reaction Score
It would be great if Dorka can come back tomorrow but she shouldn't rush it. It would be stupid to come back early only to re-injure her thumb
It is interesting that the doctor's opinion has not been given. Coaches are acting like it is largely up to Dorka and what they see she is or is not capable of doing. To me that means the medical clearance has probably already been given, at least with some kind of protection on the thumb.

Part of me wants to see her play some against Princeton to regain some confidence before the Maryland game.

Reaction Score
Losing Azzi has a ripple effect on the entire offense. Not only do we lose her points, but teams were doubling her, leaving others with open shots. The offense will struggle & CD rightfully is preparing fans on what to expect over the next 2 months or so...Focus on defense.

Reaction Score
I think she will be the one to step up now.

Reaction Score
It‘s not really that difficult a concept to grasp. Caroline could not play basketball all summer due to surgery on her hip. She just got back to being able to fully practice only a few weeks ago. It will take time to get into shape physically and also to get her timing and shot back into game playing shape. As long as she is ready to go by January UConn will be all set.

Reaction Score
I may have already said this on another thread, but I'm looking for Ayanna to seize her moment. Last season, Caroline was presented with a similar situation and made the most of it. I expect Ayanna will rise to this occasion too. It won't come necessarily from scoring, but maybe from rebounding and defending like there's no tomorrow. I believe in you, Ayanna!

Reaction Score
It‘s not really that difficult a concept to grasp. Caroline could not play basketball all summer due to surgery on her hip. She just got back to being able to fully practice only a few weeks ago. It will take time to get into shape physically and also to get her timing and shot back into game playing shape. As long as she is ready to go by January UConn will be all set.
Thanks. Hope we see her banging down 3s pretty soon. Still a FF team…. injury free

Reaction Score
Seems like the same misinformation being put out by UCONN like last season. This long still recovering with a stiff neck? Plus I'm concerned about Fudd now being out 3-6 weeks especially since no info on what her specific knee injury is. Last season it took Azzi way longer to get back than originally announced.
Her knee appeared to be hyperextended when AE was pushed back into her. If it’s more than that, they haven’t said, but my grandson had that injury playing football this year, and it cost him a few weeks, and then a big clunky brace.

Reaction Score
Here we go again... as much as WE would LIKE to know about every bump, bruise, or more serious injury to a UCONN Player... WE have no NEED TO KNOW, or RIGHT to know that information. There is no "misinformation conspiracy" going on with any player. We have to trust that the UCONN People who NEED the information (Coaches and Player(s)) have the best information from the medical experts and make informed decisions for the best interest of the individual player(s), even if it means the Team has to do without them. They have announced Azzi is out 3 to 6 weeks with a knee injury. The fact that she has not had surgery, but is wearing a brace is good, or should be good, news. We can also reasonably expect She is spending a lot of time with the Athletic Trainers to help her get back safe and sound.
Dorka is trying to come back as soon as it is safe. They even are trying the brace to see if she can play safely.
As for Caroline, they have kept us up to date... and it seems that all the talk about her having something else wrong is speculation here on BY.
Let the Coaching Staff and Medical professionals deal with the nitty gritty, and We hope and pray for the players to heal properly and come back hungry.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Who is this UConnWBBy90? Someone that has official information or someone making a conclusion based on a video that says that the coaching staff will make a decision based on how her thumb feels today/tonight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom