Clingan's Upward Trend | The Boneyard

Clingan's Upward Trend

Reaction Score
His teammates are starting to look for and find him in different ways on the pick and roll. The game plan is starting to be everyone try to get open for a great shot but if no luck just float the ball to DC. for a jam. And anything they chuck up there and misses he just cleans up and puts back. Our offense is not worse with our backup center and often better. He played 19 minutes yesterday and is a complete game changer. We never have had anything like this impact backup at UCONN that I remember. Sorry but just a bit shocking to have a weapon like this. When did we ever say " oh great, our starting center is going to the bench?"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can’t wait for him to drop the skyhook

milwaukee bucks basketball GIF

Reaction Score
For the most part we’ve had nothing special point guard play beyond AJAX who is not a traditional pg. Newton and Alleyne. They defend well but the X factor this year is Clingan. Here’s a thought, we haven’t seen Clingan make any jump shots inside the foul line which supposedly he can do. I understand it makes sense to go to the rack and lay it in or get fouled but what if he starts showing those skills?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For the most part we’ve had nothing special point guard play beyond AJAX who is not a traditional pg. Newton and Alleyne. They defend well but the X factor this year is Clingan. Here’s a thought, we haven’t seen Clingan make any jump shots inside the foul line which supposedly he can do. I understand it makes sense to go to the rack and lay it in or get fouled but what if he starts showing those skills?
Then he’ll be shaking Adam Silver’s hand in June.

Reaction Score

I doubt we see him taking any foul line jumpers except as a last resort. It's not a part of our game plan as a team, bad shot analytics, etc. Whether right or wrong, Hurley's offense doesn't favor it.

I'd like to see him take a couplefew 3s versus some of our crappier conference opponents just to get some reps in. His form and % don't look too bad in warm-ups. Very late-career Gasol-ish... flat-footed and a bit slow, but the shot goes in.

Reaction Score
His teammates are starting to look for and find him in different ways on the pick and roll. The game plan is starting to be everyone try to get open for a great shot but if no luck just float the ball to DC. for a jam. And anything they chuck up there and misses he just cleans up and puts back. Our offense is not worse with our backup center and often better. He played 19 minutes yesterday and is a complete game changer. We never have had anything like this impact backup at UCONN that I remember. Sorry but just a bit shocking to have a weapon like this. When did we ever say " oh great, our starting center is going to the bench?"
You mean Justin Brown wasn’t this good?

Reaction Score
There seems to be a special rapport between him and Joey. When Ajax blocked that shot (ridiculous) and then pushed it to Joey, you could see him delay just a hair to lob it to the hustling Clingan. I must've replayed that sequence 20 times - wanted to see the various responses from the crowd. And these guys are off of our bench...crazy.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Can someone find and post DC’s +\- for the year as well as Sanogo’s?

Interested to see whose is better.

Reaction Score
There seems to be a special rapport between him and Joey. When Ajax blocked that shot (ridiculous) and then pushed it to Joey, you could see him delay just a hair to lob it to the hustling Clingan. I must've replayed that sequence 20 times - wanted to see the various responses from the crowd. And these guys are off of our bench...crazy.

Joey C is a friend/mentor to him off the court--they're very close. They also played on the same squad in the pre-season practices, which probably helped.

Reaction Score
Donovan’s father comes on to twitter “spaces” sometimes after games. He recently mentioned that Donovan and Joey hang out a lot off the court.

Reaction Score
Saving it for next year.

Reaction Score

I like to see this as well. Wonder what the team’s efficiency is with Clingan vs Sanogo on the floor.

Reaction Score

RAPM is a stat that stands for regularized adjusted plus minus. It's basically a plus minus stat that adjusts for teammates and stuff and opponents and filters out some small samples that can plague typical plus/minus stats.

Sanogo is 5th in the whole country, Clingan is 11th.

Our margins of victory are so high that they're both +++++.

As far as on/off, our offense and defense have both been slightly better with Clingan, but again both extremely high on both sides of the ball.

Reaction Score
I really try to shy away from comparing Clingan to Sanogo though, we play a completely different style when they are both on the floor which I think is good because it confuses other teams. By the end of the year I absolutely expect Clingan to be more "efficient" which isn't to say that he is better than Sanogo but we ask Sanogo to do alot more than Clingan. When Sanogo is on the floor he is often tasked with creating offense out of thin air whereas Clingan is mostly finishing dunks after someone else creates a play or getting a rebound and putting it back.

I do not think one is better than the other but still think that Sanogo should get more minutes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom