2022 Recruiting: - Clingan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't someone in the family from Cuse? Probably has old buddies sending him anti-UConn propaganda to steer the kid to Cuse if that's the case, so I wouldn't be surprised with the worst possible thing being 'leaked' to him

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well despite all of that, he's visiting this weekend. So while it wasn't a good look for us, it doesn't seem to be fatal. I suspect the staff and players and campus will be far more important to his decision. As a fanbase, we do love the guys who stay home. He has a real chance to be legendary for the program and in the state.

Reaction Score
Him and dad said candidly that they want him to stay at BC and be the best player in school history and chase a state title. If he is good enough which he is schools will find out about his talent. Everyone north of DC has offered him a full ride and he has 2+ yrs left of HS to boot. What he needs to do is drop his AAU team and be the small fish in the big pond so to speak. He needs to play with and against elite talent on the AAU circuit. That is where all the recruiting battles are won and lost.
Not going to refute that at all. Totally agree but it isn’t in the agenda from what I hear. The better the comp the better you get. Plain and simple. But most scholarships and being noticed is during the AAU summer season. A kid blows up in AAU ball everyone comes barking and banging down their door. Clingan will get noticed by the southern and midwestern schools soon. Also it helps the last three games that he has been terrific because he is getting complementary scoring from his teammates. The first 10-12 games he was the team. No one else would hit open shots or score in double figures. Now he has one to two kids scoring 10+ pts every game. They are still a young core group. If he stays healthy don’t foul out and doesn’t transfer BC will have like back to back 19-1 seasons the next two years. East Catholic and Windsor are rebuilding. Northwest Catholic will be the main foe in the CCC since they have two of the top 10th graders in the state.

Reaction Score
I didn't post the "original post". I responded to it in a joking manner because I thought the "original post" was in jest. When I went back and read it again I understood why if his post was serious then my post was really bad. I'm still hoping the "original post" was just a bad attempt at humor because if he was serious then it was really stupid.

Sometimes things aren't what they seem on a message board. I know I was not saying Donovan is a bad kid. That was not my intent at all. Live and learn.

If you need any training on being more careful here reach out to me any time Scoop I got your back!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
It was clearly a joke, but remember that in the 2D world of social media, people often miss the context so just be more careful.
If the kid’s dad is worried about this stuff, he shouldn’t check out the threads on Alterique or Carlton.

Reaction Score
I didn't mean to call anyone out, but from his dads response he very clearly said not impressed with the fanbase. For all the bad posts on this board theres just as many good posts regarding current players and recruits. I obviously know that one or two bad posts or fans aren't representative of the whole fanbase so my point was just to be a little more careful cause you never know who is reading.

Unfortunately, i won't be at the game this Sunday but maybe fans attending can show some love to Donovan much like RU did with Cliff.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
How about we stop telling the kid he has to leave BC for a prep school. Stop trying to manage his high school career. We all know that playing against better competition makes you better. Let the kid enjoy high school and play AAU ball in the summer. He is a talented 7 foot sophomore who will have his pick of schools in two years. I live in Chicago but if I was in state I would make as many of his Bristol Central games as I could and I would be smothered in UConn gear and cheering my rear end off for the kid. Let the positivity flow people.

BCF

Reaction Score
How about we stop telling the kid he has to leave BC for a prep school. Stop trying to manage his high school career. We all know that playing against better competition makes you better. Let the kid enjoy high school and play AAU ball in the summer. He is a talented 7 foot sophomore who will have his pick of schools in two years. I live in Chicago but if I was in state I would make as many of his Bristol Central games as I could and I would be smothered in UConn gear and cheering my rear end off for the kid. Let the positivity flow people.

How do you know he is enjoying his career at bc? Tripled team every night. Can't even walk up the floor without getting fouled by two players all night. Then fans calling you overrated all night even though being tripled teamed and fouled. Two more years of that doesn't seem enjoyable. Prep seems like a relief

Reaction Score
How do you know he is enjoying his career at bc? Tripled team every night. Can't even walk up the floor without getting fouled by two players all night. Then fans calling you overrated all night even though being tripled teamed and fouled. Two more years of that doesn't seem enjoyable. Prep seems like a relief
Understand the comments and thoughts but he isn’t doubled or tripled up the court at all or even in the post. As soon as he touches the ball he is smothered. Big difference. Tough to get in his head and bother him. Tough to body him too and play him tough. Just very tough all over to defend him. He is fine at BC right now. Just needs his supporting cast to play like they have the last three games for the rest of his career and BC will never lose his junior or senior year.

Reaction Score
the good news is that the Cuse board is the dumbest place on earth. it makes the boneyard read like the minutes to Mensa's regional gatherings.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Personally, I don't know but there are many boneyard contributors who have stated that it is his and his family's intention that he stay four years at BC. Whether it is enjoyment or some other reason there is no need for boneyarders to tell the kid what is best for him. It's not as bad as a joke gone wrong but somewhat condescending considering the kid has been tall and pretty good at basketball for a few years now. I'm sure the kid and his family are aware of all of his options.

Reaction Score
Pros: Hes only a sophomore, but shows nice touch and good footwork. Usually keeps the ball high.
Cons: Doesn't appear to have much of a vert (not at all unusual for 7' tall HS sophomores). Not getting better playing against kids 6'5" and shorter.

Definitely one to keep an eye on, but the numbers don't impress me. Even against Windsor. They're quick and athletic, but they aren't big or tall. Hopefully he enjoys the game Sunday, and his dad meets one or even two rude Memphis fans and cuts them from his list too.

BCF

Reaction Score
Understand the comments and thoughts but he isn’t doubled or tripled up the court at all or even in the post. As soon as he touches the ball he is smothered. Big difference. Tough to get in his head and bother him. Tough to body him too and play him tough. Just very tough all over to defend him. He is fine at BC right now. Just needs his supporting cast to play like they have the last three games for the rest of his career and BC will never lose his junior or senior year.

They did against Maloney. His team made shots but Maloney didn't allow him to catch the ball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Life isn’t all basketball. A 15 year may want to spend his high school years with the friends and teammates that he grew up with. I am sure life for a 7 foot tall 15 year old has some challenges and being close to the people that care about him and have helped him through some very tough times has great value. Let the kid live as a teenager.

BCF

Reaction Score
Life isn’t all basketball. A 15 year may want to spend his high school years with the friends and teammates that he grew up with. I am sure life for a 7 foot tall 15 year old has some challenges and being close to the people that care about him and have helped him through some very tough times has great value. Let the kid live as a teenager.

I am all for letting a kid live his life which is why I don't understand when people say he should stay at BC. Who knows what he really wants to do. He may prefer a life at a prep school. But to assume what he values more isn't really letting him live his life. Its projecting your value system onto his. Kids at his age in similar situations in the past also place a high important on basketball and a future career making a living off basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom