Clingan 7'2" | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Clingan 7'2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He might not be Greg Oden, but he also could be Greg Oden, a game changer who can take you to a Championship game (and UConn doesn't lose those). It's looking more and more like he could be that good. Lock this kid up early then build a wall around CT for 2 years. If you can get him on campus and into the monster factory early, you do that. If he doesn't pan out, you are left with probably the best backup center in the country and that means you're probably in the national title picture anyway because either Sanogo or Javonte Brown Ferguson is killing it and can't come off the floor. There is no other argument here. If you let him get away you could regret it forever.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Poly has been around for a while so i doubt if this is a Manchurian candidate situation. But, man, what a bizarre & horrible take on this kid. I don’t know if we should take it seriously.

Take it however you want, but I don't think we'll miss this kid if we miss on him.

polycom

Reaction Score
Dear Lord ... go see the kid play for 5 minutes and you'll change your mind

Go see him play against who? Who should I see him play against in public school in CT. Just because people can watch someone dominate in league that doesn't matter doesn't automatically make them a can't miss talent. This kid is a fine but he isn't Dan Hurley UConn level player. KO sure, Hurley absolutely could miss on him and be fine.

Reaction Score
Go see him play against who? Who should I see him play against in public school in CT. Just because people can watch someone dominate in league that doesn't matter doesn't automatically make them a can't miss talent. This kid is a fine but he isn't Dan Hurley UConn level player. KO sure, Hurley absolutely could miss on him and be fine.
Casper the Friendly Ghost for crissake ... doesn't really matter. He has all the tools required for the position regardless.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wasn’t he at the Memphis home game and had a blast? Someone said he went crazy after Bouks dunk

Reaction Score
he isn't Dan Hurley UConn level player. KO sure, Hurley absolutely could miss on him and be fine.
I don't think any of us doubt that UConn and Dan Hurley would be fine if they miss out on DC. Most of us think they will be finer WITH him. I'm curious, who would you take instead of him?

OldBosd

BBQ Beer Freedom!!!
Reaction Score
Jim Boeheim says he is good enough to start for SU right now.

JB, love him or hate 'em, has a pretty good basketball mind.

Reaction Score
Would it be nice to see him at one of the big preps. Yeah.
Here is what we have though, a kid playing in public school and absolutely dominating. As he should be. He’s doing everything expected versus the competition he faces.

And at 39/40 overall, he would be the 1st or 2nd highest rated DH recruit ranking wise depending on how and when you classify Akok.

If he’s not a DH caliber recruit, idc, sign me up

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You will eat those words - all of them
DH is unbelievably high on this kid - that in itself dispels all your fantasies
BTW - KO would be all in on him also

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Guys coaches have never been wrong about a player. I could be wrong, but this kid plays pub school in CT, all his tape is not good. I doubt he ends up here, and if he does he isn't going to be a star. He'll likely get recruited over immediately.

Yes I'm 100% serious I don't think he'll be good enough to play here by the time he'd come here.
I don't know how few big sixteen year olds can even catch a ball the way he can. The first thing I look at in a big is his catch. Doe he control the ball right away with two hands. Clingan = Yes, then look at his fluidity of motion. Clingan = Yes. Can he run? Clingan = Yes. How's his Attitude? Clingan = 5 Stars. Clingan is a 7 foot 16 year old gold mine to work with.

polycom

Reaction Score

Can all of you stop trolling? This kid isn't UConn level talent. Come on stop this.

polycom

Reaction Score
Would it be nice to see him at one of the big preps. Yeah.
Here is what we have though, a kid playing in public school and absolutely dominating. As he should be. He’s doing everything expected versus the competition he faces.

And at 39/40 overall, he would be the 1st or 2nd highest rated DH recruit ranking wise depending on how and when you classify Akok.

If he’s not a DH caliber recruit, idc, sign me up

I respect this take, you don't care what your eyes are showing you since DH cosigned him you are on board. I get this, this is logical. But people trying to say he is good basketball player based on the eye test have lost their minds.

polycom

Reaction Score
Did he jilt your sister, cousin or best friend?

So now we are going to talk about people families? Sure thing grandpa.

Reaction Score
I respect this take, you don't care what your eyes are showing you since DH cosigned him you are on board. I get this, this is logical. But people trying to say he is good basketball player based on the eye test have lost their minds.

Syracusefan.bot

sad!

polycom

Reaction Score
DC had 28 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 blocks in that game.

The tallest person on east catholic was what 6 6? Maybe? Ya'll are really high on this guy huh this is weird.

polycom

Reaction Score
You don't deserve to enjoy a single second of this kid in UConn uniform with these comments

So I don't deserve to enjoy being wrong? Because I dont think this kid will be good uconn player? These takes are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom