Clark v SC

Which games has greatest viewership

• Clark v the Huskers on FOX 11am MST

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • UConn at Columbia on ESPN noon MST

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
A real treat tomorrow on Super Bowl Sunday.

While I have a private view I wonder what you all think will have the most eyeballs.

Reaction Score
I am going with the UConn/South Carolina game getting the most eyeballs.

Reaction Score
I am going with the UConn/South Carolina game getting the most eyeballs.
As I understand it, everyone expects Clark to get the scoring record at home next week - not tomorrow in Nebraska. If she was expected to get the record tommorow, that might push the Iowa game over the top.

As it is, I expect the combined SCar and UConn fanbases to carry the day - - but never underestimate Clark’s star power

Reaction Score
If Caitlin is putting up a lot of points, I expect for people to continue watching in anticipation of her breaking the record. I bet the UConn/South Carolina game will be a more fun game to watch. My guess is that Iowa will have the higher peak audience and South Carolina/UConn will have the highest average audience.

Reaction Score
I prefer ESPN games because I can stream up to 4 games at once on my Apple TV, Sunday is always action-packed between the ACC and SEC on the ESPN app.

I’ll definitely be watching at least the first half of the Iowa/Nebraska game, however.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I prefer ESPN games because I can stream up to 4 games at once on my Apple TV, Sunday is always action-packed between the ACC and SEC on the ESPN app.

I’ll definitely be watching at least the first half of the Iowa/Nebraska game, however.
That is all you will probably watch in the UConn/SC game because it will most likely be over by half time. I will be surprised if UConn keeps it close longer than that.

Reaction Score
South Carolina/UConn will be over by the half, if not the first quarter. Gotta be Iowa/Clark.
I don’t get this perspective, also replicated above by many. Uconn will make this a good game if I am not grossly mistaken, SC should win, but it is in no way predetermined like so many are saying here. Cardoso is a way bigger loss for SC against a team of UConn’s caliber than everyone is posting. I get that the Husky’s are down several players, but they have had much longer to get into their sets and rhythm with their current lineup.

Could SC blow the doors off of this game as some predict? Sure, but I think it’s more like the Utah and LSU games….tight. SC has not had much time to transition without Cardoso.

Reaction Score
I don’t get this perspective, also replicated above by many. Uconn will make this a good game if I am not grossly mistaken, SC should win, but it is in no way predetermined like so many are saying here. Cardoso is a way bigger loss for SC against a team of UConn’s caliber than everyone is posting. I get that the Husky’s are down several players, but they have had much longer to get into their sets and rhythm with their current lineup.

Could SC blow the doors off of this game as some predict? Sure, but I think it’s more like the Utah and LSU games….tight. SC has not had much time to transition without Cardoso.
UConn hasn’t been particularly competitive with any of the top 15 teams they faced, even at full strength this year. Down 20 to UCLA, 17 much of the game against Texas, lost by double digits to NC state and 15 to Notre Dame. It’s an observation of how UCONN has played in their big OOC games this year so I’m not sure why that trend would change on the road against South Carolina.

Reaction Score
What does she need, 36? I bet she gets that vs Nebraska. Maybe Iowa would prefer she do it at Carver Hawkeye.
Maybe in the first half? Wonder if Jaz Shelly will draw the defensive assignment

Reaction Score
She needs 39, just looked up. Bet they hold that up just a bit for a home celebration in the next game. Would not blame them. Something for their fans and all. Big moments like that best shared at home.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

And more than 700,000 more watched Iowa/Nebraska than UConn/SC. That would seem to make sense since it started an hour earlier. I'm sure the remotes were busy for the one hour of overlapped coverage, but that's still a pretty significant difference.

Reaction Score
Here's something to consider...We play UT in Knoxville Thursday night. I'm guessing it will not be a sellout. Thompson-Boiling seats 24 thousand. I'm expecting 15 thousand for the game.

If Caitlin and IOWA were playing in Knoxville Thursday night, I bet the house that it would be a sellout.

Reaction Score
Here's something to consider...We play UT in Knoxville Thursday night. I'm guessing it will not be a sellout. Thompson-Boiling seats 24 thousand. I'm expecting 15 thousand for the game.

If Caitlin and IOWA were playing in Knoxville Thursday night, I bet the house that it would be a sellout.
You need to change your sir name.

Reaction Score
And more than 700,000 more watched Iowa/Nebraska than UConn/SC. That would seem to make sense since it started an hour earlier. I'm sure the remotes were busy for the one hour of overlapped coverage, but that's still a pretty significant difference.
Honestly not really surprised. The Iowa game was on Fox which tends to have more viewers and there was the whole potential of the scoring record being broken as well.

Reaction Score

You are the same guy that posts on GCC and trashes CDS all the time. Btw, SC leads the nation in attendance, not Iowa.

Reaction Score
You are the same guy that posts on GCC and trashes CDS all the time. Btw, SC leads the nation in attendance, not Iowa.

Correct but incorrect.

SCar leads the nation in Average Home Attendance only. Every game at Iowa is a sellout at @15,000. We have 3,000 more seats and our crowds are usually over 15,000 (look at both team’s schedules on the Athlete. It gives scores and attendance)

Iowa leads in total attendance (home and road combined) because Big Ten schools are selling out when Clark comes to town . Other than LSU, SEC fans have grown ambivalent about watching SCar beat their team.

Face Facts. The Clark phenomenon is REAL.. things will return to normal when she moves on. - though Iowa will continue to have good home crowds.

I will add that I expect Iowa to achieve the all time record for total attendance. We are gonna come close, (but fall a little short) of the all time annual home attendance record.

TV eyeballs are booming for wbb and I expect it to be a record year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Correct but incorrect.

SCar leads the nation in Average Home Attendance only. Every game at Iowa is a sellout at @15,000. We have 3,000 more seats and our crowds are usually over 15,000 (look at both team’s schedules on the Athlete. It gives scores and attendance)

Iowa leads in total attendance (home and road combined) because Big Ten schools are selling out when Clark comes to town . Other than LSU, SEC fans have grown ambivalent about watching SCar beat their team.

Face Facts. The Clark phenomenon is REAL.. things will return to normal when she moves on. - though Iowa will continue to have good home crowds.

Well said, visitingcock. Objective, and instructive...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom