Cinque Terra | The Boneyard

Cinque Terra

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
We will be visiting in June of this year (22). Any words of wisdom concerning towns, hotels, restaurants etc?

Thanks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Didn't make it there last time we went to Italy, but plan to next time. Our best friends went there several years ago and raved about it.

Rick Steves and Fodors have been very dependable for us elsewhere:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It was a stop on a Meditteranean cruise my brother and SIL took a few years ago. They spent about 6 hours there and said it was their favorite place in Italy.

Other than the short train ride from La Spezia and a day in Rome on a guided tour, it was also their only place in Italy ;)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was a stop on a Meditteranean cruise my brother and SIL took a few years ago. They spent about 6 hours there and said it was their favorite place in Italy.

Other than the short train ride from La Spezia and a day in Rome on a guided tour, it was also their only place in Italy ;)
You can't do Rome in a day. There is far too much to see, covering any of many different era's.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
You can't do Rome in a day. There is far too much to see, covering any of many different era's.
I tried to tell him that. And that cruises attract the worst kind of people :D

Reaction Score
I have not been there since '98 and I was flat broke and rented a room from a very, very old woman who spoke no English. From what I have heard it has become relatively flooded with tourists, but I feel like everyone says that about places they visited a long time ago. It's the only place on earth where I have genuinely enjoyed pesto.

I hope people can give you recommendations for restaurants, hotels etc. but if it's anything like I remember the recommendations won't really matter because you will be completely captivated by the almost absurd beauty and romanticism of the place.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have not been there since '98 and I was flat broke and rented a room from a very, very old woman who spoke no English. From what I have heard it has become relatively flooded with tourists, but I feel like everyone says that about places they visited a long time ago. It's the only place on earth where I have genuinely enjoyed pesto.

I hope people can give you recommendations for restaurants, hotels etc. but if it's anything like I remember the recommendations won't really matter because you will be completely captivated by the almost absurd beauty and romanticism of the place.
Youthful international vagabond romantic has never been in my mental picture of you.

So, how'd you get the money to get home? Did the folks wire you cash or did someone pay you to intimidate a soccer ref? :D

Reaction Score
So, how'd you get the money to get home? Did the folks wire you cash or did someone pay you to intimidate a soccer ref? :D

Funny you ask, I think it’s the only time in my life someone’s ever wired me money. I begged my dad to wire me enough cash for a flight home. I think the only reason he did was I had to be back at school in a day or so.

That was a World Cup summer and I was living and tending bar at a pub in the London area. A wild (and frankly pretty dangerous) summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom