Cincy suspends John Brannen | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Cincy suspends John Brannen

Reaction Score
Wes Miller looks to be the guy now, which is great for Wes Miller and Cincy - I guess him getting passed over for UNC told him that job won't be open for another 20 years.

I've heard great things about Miller, would be a nice upgrade for him.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Would be an excellent hire for Cincinnati. He’s a stud

Reaction Score
Wes Miller looks to be the guy now, which is great for Wes Miller and Cincy - I guess him getting passed over for UNC told him that job won't be open for another 20 years.

I've heard great things about Miller, would be a nice upgrade for him.
Didn't like him for UNC now and don't like Hubert Davis for them now. Miller would be a great hire for Cincy and the UNC job will probably be open in a few years.

Reaction Score
I will say I didn't totally agree with Hubert Davis there, and some of the quotes from his press conference were.... odd.....

I can see Hubert Davis being there 3 years or 20 years with no in between

Reaction Score
I will say I didn't totally agree with Hubert Davis there, and some of the quotes from his press conference were.... odd.....

I can see Hubert Davis being there 3 years or 20 years with no in between
It's the biggest job in college hoops as far as I'm concerned, it shouldn't go to an assistant or someone from a small program. It should go to the best candidate in the country, I doubt they even reached out all that much outside of the family.

Reaction Score
Miller is "from" the family, while not necessarily currently being in it...

That being said, I agree and disagree at the same time - there's no way that job was going to a national candidate

Reaction Score
uc fans already having a message board meltdown and we don't even know if miller is the guy yet. this fanbase cannot be pleased. its so bad.
Who were they expecting?

Reaction Score
Do you really want to hire a stepping stone guy? There's like a 50% chance Hubert Davis only lasts 4 years at UNC, and then Miller is absolutely gone if he's been successful for you. There's also a 50% chance Miller himself fails.

So of the 50% chance he works out, 25% of that he leaves after a few years and you have to restart. You're basically Xavier at that point (UC fans will love that), but A10 Xavier since you're in the AAC, not Big East Xavier.

So 25% chance things are great, 25% chance you're A10 Xavier, and 50% chance of program death.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Do you really want to hire a stepping stone guy? There's like a 50% chance Hubert Davis only lasts 4 years at UNC, and then Miller is absolutely gone if he's been successful for you. There's also a 50% chance Miller himself fails.

So of the 50% chance he works out, 25% of that he leaves after a few years and you have to restart. You're basically Xavier at that point (UC fans will love that), but A10 Xavier since you're in the AAC, not Big East Xavier.

So 25% chance things are great, 25% chance you're A10 Xavier, and 50% chance of program death.
You mean the Big East Xavier that just lost their coach to Louisville three years ago?

Coaches come and go over time. It’s your job as an AD to hire the best candidate as needed.

Reaction Score
uc fans already having a message board meltdown and we don't even know if miller is the guy yet. this fanbase cannot be pleased. its so bad.
Weird. It's a good hire. An up-and-coming young coach who is on everyone's "rising stars" coaching list.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Who were they expecting?
they want Erik Martin. funny that every non-UC person says its a great hire and some UC fans are pissed.

kobe

Reaction Score
@kobe, did they fire JB for cause or no?
Believe so. The wording from the announcement makes it seem that way. Also, afaik Brannen has received $0 from UC.

Reaction Score

Why would Miller be gone after 4 years at UNC? That’s his dream job.

Reaction Score
Why would Miller be gone after 4 years at UNC? That’s his dream job.

I think he's saying if Hubert Davis flames out at Carolina and Miller has had any success at Cincinnati he's gone as soon as Chapel Hill opens up.

Reaction Score
I think he's saying if Hubert Davis flames out at Carolina and Miller has had any success at Cincinnati he's gone as soon as Chapel Hill opens up.
Reality is that Cincy is a stepping stone job. Maybe when conference realignment happens and they get a Big 12 spot that changes. That’s a big if. In regards to Miller he will be hired by any ACC team if he turns Cincy around. And honestly it shouldn’t be too difficult too.

Reaction Score
Reality is that Cincy is a stepping stone job. Maybe when conference realignment happens and they get a Big 12 spot that changes. That’s a big if. In regards to Miller he will be hired by any ACC team if he turns Cincy around. And honestly it shouldn’t be too difficult too.
Stepping stone job? I disagree.

Reaction Score
So of the 50% chance he works out, 25% of that he leaves after a few years and you have to restart. You're basically Xavier at that point (UC fans will love that), but A10 Xavier since you're in the AAC, not Big East Xavier. So 25% chance things are great, 25% chance you're A10 Xavier, and 50% chance of program death.
of the 50% he works out, 100% of that he leaves for any ACC school that opens up

so its 100% program death plus or minus 5 years

Reaction Score

That's because they're not very smart. That's a coup for the Ad, particularly given the scenario. Guy can flat out coach, and where do you find a guy with 10 years head coaching experience and only 38. I have a friend who knows him from college and says he's one of the sharpest guys he's ever met. I think he wrote a book on his stay a UNC.

Reaction Score
That's what they said about Fickell as well and he's in year 5 and they are in the top 10. Ill take that tradeoff.

kobe

Reaction Score
That's because they're not very smart. That's a coup for the Ad, particularly given the scenario. Guy can flat out coach, and where do you find a guy with 10 years head coaching experience and only 38. I have a friend who knows him from college and says he's one of the sharpest guys he's ever met. I think he wrote a book on his stay a UNC.
agreed. he was absolutely the best available candidate. haven't heard a bad word about him. he's got a chance to kill it here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom