Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath … | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Cin vs Bama… David vs Goliath …

Reaction Score
It's not just running the table....

It's also being capable of beating the best of the best.

Cincinnati was good...but not on the level of an Alabama or Georgia...

But neither was Michigan, and I suspect, many of the other CFP top ten.

What some folks want is that "all teams have a path" to a National Championship.

All teams can have a path...and that path is long and winding and not for those that demand "Justice" meaning "I want things my way".

The path involves decades of developing an athletic department base, fans, boosters, facilities, money raising etc. The path includes the development of recruiting, coaching and a continuity of winning over time.

Good teams didn't just plop into the SEC like anvils dropped from the heavens.

Team strength is distributed, as most things are, on an arc of a Bell Curve....There will be 15% of the teams that are the strongest, 15% the weakest, and 70% that make up the range between the two. The Champion will come from the top 15% of the curve and everybody else has to dream. There is the option of whining "not fair".

Want to be Champion ? Become a stronger team.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Cincy didn't move the needle. Didn't impress but probably put up enough of a fight to keep undefeated G5 schools in the CFP conversation.

Tough to gauge when your opponent is Bama though. They're like a semi-pro team.
Cincy's defense I think came to play and was respectable all game. The offense was pretty terrible thanks to both play calling and just downright getting manhandled by Bama's DL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom