Christian Haynes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Christian Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, that's a nice early Christmas gift.

Speaks well of UConn coaches and what he thinks they can do for him.

Also, another year for the young linemen to learn from him.
Ditto on all accounts. That's ten returning starters on offense (assuming that between Rosa and Houston they comprise a starting TB), plus a bunch of skill players who sat out this year injured.

Reaction Score
Oh dang! Let's get it!!! That's what I'm flim flam talking about!!!
This is huge news! Really great to have you back Christian…love the left side of our line for next year with her and Senn….lot of competition and depth we have to compete for the left side….and think Fortin can step in at center…unless we get a grad transfer at center that Mora sees as an upgrade.

Reaction Score
This is huge news! Really great to have you back Christian…love the left side of our line for next year with her and Senn….lot of competition and depth we have to compete for the left side….and think Fortin can step in at center…unless we get a grad transfer at center that Mora sees as an upgrade.
Christian is on the right side;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I am thinking Christopher Fortin slides into the C position with another off season of solid development

Oh God no. Fortin was horrible this year.

He should strictly be depth as the seventh or eighth lineman.

Finding a replacement at center is a huge need this offseason. Fortunately I think the other four spits on the line have solid starters and depth.

Reaction Score
Oh God no. Fortin was horrible this year.

He should strictly be depth as the seventh or eighth lineman.

Finding a replacement at center is a huge need this offseason. Fortunately I think the other four spits on the line have solid starters and depth.
We still have Yakiri Walker who may surprise us

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yakiri has a chance. Fortin is best used as the 6th or 7th lineman in the jumbo packages. His talent level Max's out as back up. Fortin was horrible all year any time he was put in for Guidone.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Fortin played guard in Canadian football. His high school tape looked like Moe Petrus and RE tried him at C. He has great feet and a mean streak so there is something to work with. It's about repetition and technique. That said, we need someone if he doesn't make that quantum leap.

Reaction Score
Fortin played guard in Canadian football. His high school tape looked like Moe Petrus and RE tried him at C. He has great feet and a mean streak so there is something to work with. It's about repetition and technique. That said, we need someone if he doesn't make that quantum leap.
I’m ok with another Moe Petrus.

Reaction Score
Walker is very athletic and was used at HB and FB this past season. I wonder if the staff would consider moving Noel to C in order to get 5 best OL on the field. Guidone never played C til this past season so the move can be done.

Reaction Score
If we didn’t think we could fill one open OL slot from within, we’d be actively looking in the portal. There hasn’t been much talk about OL candidates coming in. That may or may not mean something.

But maybe more than any other position, the fact that an OL isn’t ready to play for one or two or even three years doesn’t mean that they won’t be ready when they’re plugged in towards the end of their career. See, e.g., Thomas, Donald.

Reaction Score
Love that Haynes is returning, likely the result of an NFL evaluation that suggests another year will help his draft status. Plus, he genuinely loves the team and coaches.
Next year's offense needs improvement in the passing game and the O-line. The Center spot needs to be Moe Petrus-like, so if it's an improved Fortin or a solid transfer, let's make it happen. Something as simple as a low snap from center can disrupt the offense. We had a few too many. Fix those two things and we can dominate next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Once again a Boneyarder assumes a player can never improve.
Of course he can, but there really was no evidence of that in the times that he stepped in this season.

That’s another position that I look at hard in the portal. It never hurts to have competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom