Christian Haynes | The Boneyard

Christian Haynes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude is a mauler inside. He's picked up quite a few false starts and illegal man down field penalties though.

Reaction Score
Was surprised he wasn't honored on Senior night as I couldn't imagine a top 3 round pick would come back for his final year.

Reaction Score
Still remember the picture of him and all the other freshmen where he looked like a man among boys. Congrats Christian!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If he comes back one more year and kicks more ass would that get him in the first round?

Reaction Score
as a Guard? no.

whispers He should probably take the bag
I agree. While he is an awesome player, I think it would be more beneficial to the program and Mora for him to get drafted vs return to next year’s team.

Reaction Score
as a Guard? no.

whispers He should probably take the bag
Good point so few guards go first round. Quinton Nelson was one I think.

I think Christian benefitted greatly from going against Travis Jones so much.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Good point so few guards go first round. Quinton Nelson was one I think.

I think Christian benefitted greatly from going against Travis Jones so much.
Alijah Vera-Tucker by the Jets last year...but yeah...Guards generally go lower than Tackles.

Reaction Score
Most NFL guys are ripped nowadays and with the advances in training it's predominant in college as well. When I first saw Christian nothing stood out physically. Guy looked pretty average, not a bodybuilder, like most linemen probably wasn't passing on dessert. That's why good recruiters who can evaluate want to see these guys up close because it's a football game not a beauty contest. Or as Keith Jackson used to say, "the big uglies". Christian you look good to me just in case we meet. Congratulations.

Reaction Score
I agree. While he is an awesome player, I think it would be more beneficial to the program and Mora for him to get drafted vs return to next year’s team.
LOL. He has every right to do what he wants and if he goes to the league now, more power to him. But the thought that we would be better off by him going to the NFL now, instead of playing for us next season and then going, is truly absurd.

It’s perfectly alright to accept negatives without having to convince ourselves that they are positives, like Kevin Bacon being paddled in Animal House.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL. He has every right to do what he wants and if he goes to the league now, more power to him. But the thought that we would be better off by him going to the NFL now, instead of playing for us next season and then going, is truly absurd.

It’s perfectly alright to accept negatives without having to convince ourselves that their positives, like Kevin Bacon being paddled in Animal House.
I'm indifferent on if he declares for the draft or come back. I mean, if he gets drafted this year it would be nice, however, if he comes back and gets injured, what then?

As someone who played high school football, injuries are a concern. That's why I hope he goes into the draft this year.

Reaction Score
FWIW if any of our kids declared at the moment that are RS-JRs... they may go undrafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom