Chris Hansen on Jordan Adams' pending decision | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Chris Hansen on Jordan Adams' pending decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I was being recruited by teams around the country and offered free trips for myself and my family, I'd take as many visits as I could. IMO, even girls that have a pretty good idea where they're going should get out there and see some other programs so they can 1. be sure of their decision and 2. take the opportunity to see how other elite teams run their programs. Why not?
Free trips! Absolutely!

My son and I went on visits to Berkeley, Stanford, Rice, Virginia, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, RPI, Yale, MIT, Penn, Princeton, Virginia, and Wash. U. on my dime.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
My son went to Harvard, Penn, Dartmouth, Vermont, and Bucknell(Baseball Recruit)...Universities paid for him, my wife and I took care of ourselves..

Reaction Score
Actually, if one reads the full article the only real odd comment is the one about not having the best HS experience, which I'm betting was about maybe too much basketball....... AAU, USA and being on the highest profile HS team in the country.

I think it's natural to look back with a little regret and wish for more balance... For some kids anyway.

The rest of her comments would be very consistent with that. She's got a healthy attitude toward her college decision IMO.
Seems more like it was the rest of her high school experience, apart from basketball, that was problematic, leading to her comments about whether she would want to be a a school if she wasn't playing.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Seems more like it was the rest of her high school experience, apart from basketball, that was problematic, leading to her comments about whether she would want to be a a school if she wasn't playing.

HC...That was my take also.

Reaction Score
What do you guys make of the part about being a winner.

How can you win games but not be a winner?
1. If you don't win the games fairly.
2. If you don't enjoy or share your success with others.
3. If you win at basketball but at the expense of everything else: you lose at life.

I think these comments are slowly starting to make sense for me. I read it as a kind of succeed-in-basketball-at-all-costs burnout.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What do you guys make of the part about being a winner.

How can you win games but not be a winner?
1. If you don't win the games fairly.
2. If you don't enjoy or share your success with others.
3. If you win at basketball but at the expense of everything else: you lose at life.

I think these comments are slowly starting to make sense for me. I read it as a kind of succeed-in-basketball-at-all-costs burnout.
I wasn't sure at first, but I think your interpretation makes sense.

Welcome, Moose!

images

Reaction Score
Is there any wonder why Geno passed on her while recruiting KML?..........Kids say the funniest things!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I cant tell much from what shes saying. I guess it will come down to whats most important to her and if the school she wants to attend agrees great. She seems like a really nice kid, who is a little concerned and hesitant with whats out there and what is expected of her. In college there are only a couple of really big stars. Surround yourself with stars and reach for the moon.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
"My son and I went on visits to Berkeley, Stanford, Rice, Virginia, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, RPI, Yale, MIT, Penn, Princeton, Virginia, and Wash. U. on my dime."

Unfortunately, any trips my son takes to look at colleges will be on my dime also. The good news is that any schools someone with my DNA will be able to consider are accessible with local bus fare.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"My son and I went on visits to Berkeley, Stanford, Rice, Virginia, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, RPI, Yale, MIT, Penn, Princeton, Virginia, and Wash. U. on my dime."

Unfortunately, any trips my son takes to look at colleges will be on my dime also. The good news is that any schools someone with my DNA will be able to consider are accessible with local bus fare.
Good luck! We did many of our trips as part of vacations: US Open and family visit in Pittsburgh; family wedding in Calif.; Cooperstown induction of Mike Schmidt for Cornell and RPI; family visit for Yale; and Boston/Newport vacation for Brown, MIT, and RISD. Perhaps it was overreaction to my situation, but I wanted my son to have good options. He chose Rice, where he got 2 degrees and financial aid that covered all his tuition.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I loved them. I like that you are using it. No problem at all.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
She is a young girl and often times youngsters may say one thing and totally be meaning another.....it happens! I still think she will stay on the West Coast, but its recruiting and you never know. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is a young girl and often times youngsters may say one thing and totally be meaning another.....it happens! I still think she will stay on the West Coast, but its recruiting and you never know. ;)
that's what i think too. i'm rooting for her to head to USC or UCLA. i think if not publicly, at least privately tennessee fans are desperate for someone highly rated to give them a verbal. they've had several kids take tennessee off their list and not even have them as a finalist. a high profile verbal would certainly make them feel better. i hope it doesn't happen any time soon.

Reaction Score

Probably didn't like being overshadowed by another player getting all the attention.

That's life, kid - there's always someone better than you, unless you want to live in a small pond.

Gotta agree with your assessment on this.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with your assessment on this.

Why would you agree with such a negative assessment?
Do either of you know Jordan?
Have either of you ever had a conversation with her?
Better yet. Why is there so much attention being given to Jordan on this board?
As has been pointed out by another poster, she never expressed any interest in UConn.
Could her lack of interest in UConn be a partial explanation for so much attention be given to her on this board?
It is my assessment that the two of you have been unnecessarly negative.
These are, of course, just my opinions.
Peace,
John Fryer

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Why would you agree with such a negative assessment?
Do either of you know Jordan?
Have either of you ever had a conversation with her?
Better yet. Why is there so much attention being given to Jordan on this board?
As has been pointed out by another poster, she never expressed any interest in UConn.
Could her lack of interest in UConn be a partial explanation for so much attention be given to her on this board?
It is my assessment that the two of you have been unnecessarly negative.
These are, of course, just my opinions.
Peace,
John Fryer

She is a Tennessee recruit and some posters care as much if Tennessee doesn't get a recruit as if UConn does get one.

Reaction Score
Dear John, Ozzie and doggydaddy,

Agreeing with someone else is generally considered an opinion on a given subject, that you like or dislike said opinion about this persons statement is strictly up to you, that this person is/was a UT recruit was unknown to me and had no bearing whatsoever on the aforementioned opinion, only the statement by said individual made it agonizingly obvious. You can of course Ask Wonkster if you have the need for further clarification. Me, I'm going to continue to enjoy the martini I am drinking and surf this board.

Peace out
Cafe Poliziano

GO UCONN !!!!!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Agreeing with someone else is generally considered an opinion on a given subject, that you like or dislike said opinion about this persons statement is strictly up to you, that this person is/was a UT recruit was unknown to me and had no bearing whatsoever on the aforementioned opinion, only the statement by said individual made it agonizingly obvious. You can of course Ask Wonkster if you have the need for further clarification. Me, I'm going to continue to enjoy the martini I am drinking and surf this board.

Peace out
Cafe Poliziano

GO UCONN !!!!!!!
Well, I said some posters. Not necessarily you.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

Peace out
Cafe Poliziano

GO UCONN !!!!!!!

"Probably didn't like being overshadowed by another player getting all the attention.

That's life, kid - there's always someone better than you, unless you want to live in a small pond."

That's why I asked for the basis of your agreement. This is a more than negative assessment of her person and character...as for Wonkster's original post, no support was given, AFAIC.

Reaction Score
"Probably didn't like being overshadowed by another player getting all the attention.

That's life, kid - there's always someone better than you, unless you want to live in a small pond."

That's why I asked for the basis of your agreement. This is a more than negative assessment of her person and character...as for Wonkster's original post, no support was given, AFAIC.

The statement alone makes this obvious, yes that is my opinion. That you do not see this in the same light as another is normal and quite human. The statement is no different to me than a politician or any other human saying that they did not enjoy being second fiddle to an at the time better/ more talented individual, again the statement authorized by said individual makes this plainly obvious to me, that is my opinion. This does not make said individual a bad person per say only unable at the time to reconcile the situation at hand.

Peace out Cafe Poliziano

GO UCONN !!!!!!! It is going to be a great season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom