CG Bones Hyland to announce next week | The Boneyard

CG Bones Hyland to announce next week

Reaction Score
And even if there is Hurley isn't taking another guard for 2019.

Well with Cole sitting out, I don't see how another guard couldn't hurt especially if a certain player might have to "retire" (and open up the scholarship) and given AG's injury issues.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
He just visited VCU, it's done.
And VCU has brand new state of the art facilities. In the event he does choose Uconn my respect for him would be off the chart he’d be choosing to come into a situation where there would be big time competition with 6 other guards on the roster.

Reaction Score
The time frame seems to be- in home visit with UConn staff, Bones posts pictures with UConn staff, R.J. Cole commits to UConn, Bones removes the pictures, Bones visits VCU, Bones announces he’s committing.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Was going to say...almost wish he didn't post this. People going to chirp us for losing a recruit to VCU
Nah it’s good to have your name associated with good recruits. That said he’s 100% going to committ to VCU, he didn’t even visit us. I bet he also becomes a stud. Kid is really good imo.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don’t worry, we’ll all convince ourselves that we escaped being hampered by another Terry Larrier.

Reaction Score
Where’d the post go?

I don’t know how much he’ll contribute as a freshman, but I think he has the chance to be really good.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Surprised Kansas isn’t More involved, they have a need with one transferring and self just developed a 2 smaller guards into NBA draft picks. Imagine with his size....

Reaction Score
Surprised Kansas isn’t More involved, they have a need with one transferring and self just developed a 2 smaller guards into NBA draft picks. Imagine with his size....
They are trying to get kyree walker and Jalen Wilson. Completely different level.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Fairly clear that they had one spot at the inn for another guard and that was Cole.

At some point down the road, we will actually have to rebound a missed shot or something so it makes sense to stop taking guards here.

Reaction Score
We should hear abou
Fairly clear that they had one spot at the inn for another guard and that was Cole.

At some point down the road, we will actually have to rebound a missed shot or something so it makes sense to stop taking guards here.
But I watched his mix take and he doesn't miss so we wouldn't need to rebound

the Q

Reaction Score
They are trying to get kyree walker and Jalen Wilson. Completely different level.

They don’t play the same position. Is Kansas down to 1 scholarship?

Reaction Score
Hurley made reference to further discussion with Diarra when he returns to school - next week. Bones announces commitment timeline - next week. Probably nothing more than coincidence. Probably.

Reaction Score
Well with Cole sitting out, I don't see how another guard couldn't hurt especially if a certain player might have to "retire" (and open up the scholarship) and given AG's injury issues.
You may disagree with Hurley's strategy but he's already said he's not taking another guard in the 2019 class. Which was the point of my post.

the Q

Reaction Score
No they have three left.

So who’s the 3rd scholarship earmarked for? You’d think a guard after grimes went into the portal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom