CBSSports.com Top 25 and 1 | The Boneyard

CBSSports.com Top 25 and 1

Reaction Score
Updated now that we know who is staying in the NBA Draft. Huskies at #11. I could see anywhere from 10-20 so #11 seems pretty fair IMO.

11. UConn
This ranking is based on the Huskies returning three of the top five scorers - Tristen Newton, Alex Karaban and Donovan Clingan - from a team that won the 2023 NCAA Tournament. That core combined with a top-five recruiting class should have UConn as a real contender to win back-to-back national championships.

Reaction Score
Updated now that we know who is staying in the NBA Draft. Huskies at #11. I could see anywhere from 10-20 so #11 seems pretty fair IMO.

11. UConn
This ranking is based on the Huskies returning three of the top five scorers - Tristen Newton, Alex Karaban and Donovan Clingan - from a team that won the 2023 NCAA Tournament. That core combined with a top-five recruiting class should have UConn as a real contender to win back-to-back national championships.

Seems a little low for me. I think Uconn with Newton back is a top 10 team and we all know Hurley is going to bring in another shooter whether it is Cam or someone else. We do have a top 5 recruiting class coming in on top of the talent we already have. If we were Duke, Kansas or Kentucky we would be top 5 at the worst with the makeup of this team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m fine with this too while keeping in mind that if Spencer joins us we will likely be between 7-9.

Reaction Score
#11 is fine. Purdue at #2 is pretty funny, I imagine they'll be better than last year but the teams post season has been miserable the last 3 years with Edey.
#2 cuz Edey can make more cash at Purdueee than 2nd round+ NBA

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We lost a lot of experience. I’m fine anywhere 10 to 15 ish.
True but we are also bringing in a top three recruiting class. I'm fine with 11 as well, but I think you can make a case that we are a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
You HATE to see it…..

25. Kentucky

Last time: 11

This program had such a bad day on Wednesday that even the one piece of good news wasn’t all that good. Oscar Tshiebwe and Chris Livingston both announced that they would stay in the draft as projected. Super senior guard Antonio Reeves also withdrew from the draft, but he is in the transfer portal and has not yet said where he will play next year. Reeves still could return to Lexington, but as of now, he moves into the projected departures column. That leaves John Calipari with just seven scholarship players, all of whom are freshmen and sophomores. That’s a tall order even with the nation’s No. 1 ranked recruiting class on the way.

Reaction Score
Assuming we get Spencer, I think we are #5. I’d say Kansas, Duke, MSU, Purdue are the top 4 teams (in that order) and that their rosters are all a cut above the rest of college basketball. I don’t buy the FAU hype at all.

Reaction Score
Andre, Sanogo and Hawkins were 3 of the best weapons in all of college basketball.

Losing all 3 of them is going to hurt a lot.

Best big man, best sharp shooter, best dynamic glue guy.

These are huge, huge, losses.

MJ1

Reaction Score

11. UConn

Sports Illustrated has UConn at number 8 one behind Marquette at 7. Seems fair.

Reaction Score
Andre, Sanogo and Hawkins were 3 of the best weapons in all of college basketball.

Losing all 3 of them is going to hurt a lot.

Best big man, best sharp shooter, best dynamic glue guy.

These are huge, huge, losses.

this. Because of them we were more than the sum of our parts.

The question this year is can we be as cohesive and connected.

Reaction Score
UNC was preseason #1 in 2022. UConn was unranked.

While these rankings have some PR value and they are good conversation starters, they are meaningless. So have it. No one is wrong at this point. Every one is an oracle. BTW, we're still reigning National Champions.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
200.gif

Reaction Score

Interesting we moved from 5 to 9 considering previous iterations had no Newton

9. UConn Huskies

Previous: 5

UConn opened the season No. 1 following its dominant national championship run -- but the Huskies have dropped several spots after the departures of Adama Sanogo and Andre Jacksonto the NBA draft. But Dan Hurley got Tristen Newton back and also brings in a top-five recruiting class that includes four ESPN 100 prospects. Donovan Clingan is poised for a huge season down low, while Alex Karaban should take on a bigger role offensively

Projected starting lineup:

Tristen Newton (9.9 PPG)
Stephon Castle (No. 15 in ESPN 100)
Solomon Ball (No. 55 in ESPN 100)
Alex Karaban (9.5 PPG)
Donovan Clingan (7.1 PPG)

Current Conference Mates: Marquette (10), Creighton (13), Villanova (18)

Future Conference Mates: Kansas (1), Houston (6), Baylor (20), Colorado (22), Wesr Virginia (HM)

Reaction Score

Interesting we moved from 5 to 9 considering previous iterations had no Newton

9. UConn Huskies

Previous: 5

UConn opened the season No. 1 following its dominant national championship run -- but the Huskies have dropped several spots after the departures of Adama Sanogo and Andre Jacksonto the NBA draft. But Dan Hurley got Tristen Newton back and also brings in a top-five recruiting class that includes four ESPN 100 prospects. Donovan Clingan is poised for a huge season down low, while Alex Karaban should take on a bigger role offensively

Projected starting lineup:

Tristen Newton (9.9 PPG)
Stephon Castle (No. 15 in ESPN 100)
Solomon Ball (No. 55 in ESPN 100)
Alex Karaban (9.5 PPG)
Donovan Clingan (7.1 PPG)

Current Conference Mates: Marquette (10), Creighton (13), Villanova (18)

Future Conference Mates: Kansas (1), Houston (6), Baylor (20), Colorado (22), Wesr Virginia (HM)

Future conference mates? Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom