CBS Sports College Basketball 2023-24 All-Transfer Team | The Boneyard

CBS Sports College Basketball 2023-24 All-Transfer Team

Reaction Score
It still boggles my mind that Spencer wasn't even in the top 100 on some of the transfer lists last summer.

Cam Spencer, UConn

2023-24 UConn is one of the best teams of the past four decades ... but would it have won a title if Cam Spencer wasn't on the roster? I have my doubts. That's how good/valuable Spencer was. The grad transfer from Rutgers was the perfect infusion to UConn's system and Dan Hurley's culture. He was cocky, competitive, efficient and ever-reliable. Spencer started all 40 games and averaged 14.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists and shot 44% from 3. The irony that's been largely forgotten in all of this: UConn expected to bring in Nick Timberlake to transfer, only to see him pick Kansas. That opened a path for Spencer to head to Storrs and make history in the process. Hurley and UConn fans could not have asked for a more ideal plug-and-play grad senior than the spicy Spencer.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It's rare that a player's performance is everything you imagined and more.

Apropos of nothing, I've seen some KU fans brag about barely beating UConn at home. Putting aside the fact that Castle was out, if Cam wasn't playing on one foot down the stretch, we win that game going away.

Reaction Score
It's rare that a player's performance is everything you imagined and more.

Apropos of nothing, I've seen some KU fans brag about barely beating UConn at home. Putting aside the fact that Castle was out, if Cam wasn't playing on one foot down the stretch, we win that game going away.
Good for them, I'm sure that was the highlight of their year

Reaction Score
It still boggles my mind that Spencer wasn't even in the top 100 on some of the transfer lists last summer.

Cam Spencer, UConn

2023-24 UConn is one of the best teams of the past four decades ... but would it have won a title if Cam Spencer wasn't on the roster? I have my doubts. That's how good/valuable Spencer was. The grad transfer from Rutgers was the perfect infusion to UConn's system and Dan Hurley's culture. He was cocky, competitive, efficient and ever-reliable. Spencer started all 40 games and averaged 14.3 points, 4.9 rebounds, 3.6 assists and shot 44% from 3. The irony that's been largely forgotten in all of this: UConn expected to bring in Nick Timberlake to transfer, only to see him pick Kansas. That opened a path for Spencer to head to Storrs and make history in the process. Hurley and UConn fans could not have asked for a more ideal plug-and-play grad senior than the spicy Spencer.

Man, why did it take us until 3 weeks after the end of the season to come up with Spicy Spencer?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom