CBS sports chairman rooting for Kentucky | The Boneyard

CBS sports chairman rooting for Kentucky

Reaction Score
At least he didn't blow smoke up everyone's azzes. His whining about UK's missed free throws was a little much though.

Reaction Score
And how about the numerous midmajors hurt after being passed over for an 18-15 or 19-14 P5 team with under .500 conference records. Your pocket was hurt, no sympathy.

I would hate to be on the committee....tough choices to be made..

Should you have left out an FSU (.500 in conference) or Cuse for the only mid major #1 seed in the NIT...St. Mary's? Even if there is a 90 point separation in their SOS's.

Or Western Kentucky (4 seed NIT) who has made it to the NIT Final Four with Utah, Penn State, Miss State. But who knew then?

FSU and Cuse played well enough in the tourney to justify that decision, I think..IMHO

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
At least he didn't blow smoke up everyone's azzes. His whining about UK's missed free throws was a little much though.
Definitely sounds like he lost some scratch on that game, and not just ratings.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because Loyola and sister Jean making the final four will cause viewership to drop:rolleyes:.

Yes the ratings for that game will suck.

Just look at every other time a Cinderella made the Final Four - the rating sucks.

Reaction Score

Just look at every other time a Cinderella made the Final Four - the rating sucks.

And here I think of FSU as a wash woman Cinderella and Xavier as a debutante.

Reaction Score
Syracuse vindicated the selection committee by reaching the Sweet 16 and beating Michigan State to get there.

Reaction Score
I would hate to be on the committee....tough choices to be made..

Should you have left out an FSU (.500 in conference) or Cuse for the only mid major #1 seed in the NIT...St. Mary's? Even if there is a 90 point separation in their SOS's.

Or Western Kentucky (4 seed NIT) who has made it to the NIT Final Four with Utah, Penn State, Miss State. But who knew then?

FSU and Cuse played well enough in the tourney to justify that decision, I think..IMHO
Based on the way some mid majors have played in the tournament I believe SOS is subjective.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is just like the discusion we had regarding 1080 losing UConn.

This is an executive who over bid for programming and isn't going to meet the revenue he assumed when he signed with the NCAA amd is now looking for cover with his bosses.

Reaction Score
I still dont get how St. Marys didnt get in. I dont care how they did in the NIT. Schools with 18-14 records getting in compared to everything and 4 is ridiculous. Even if they played cupcakes all year, still beat Gonzaga on their home court.

Reaction Score
Based on the way some mid majors have played in the tournament I believe SOS is subjective.

Sure it is...so is seeding....

Xavier and Virginia did not look like #1's...in the tourney.

But on paper....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Been saying that for decades! It is a self fulfilling prophecy. Plus mathematically it is over weighted in the RPI. You could probably justify half a dozen mid majors getting in who didn’t. St Mary’s is a he obvious one, Western Ky is tanother. BUt the committee is alway going to give the benefit of the doubt to the name over ability. And they can gin up the numbers to justify it, they don’t really have to actually. They’ve already cooked the books ahead of time with their pseudo scientific formulas.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Depends on how much of Chicago market tunes in. And who Loyola is playing.

Granted this is cherry-picked and probably meaningless, but I found it interesting nonetheless. Over the past 20 years, if you look at average NC ratings for teams that have made multiple NC appearances (in parens), the list looks like this:

Duke 15.75 (4)
UK 13.325 (4)
UConn 13.075 (4)
Butler 12.95 (2)
Florida 12.5 (3)
MSU 12.45 (2)
UNC 12.4 (4)
Kansas 12.333 (3)

Not counting the Villanova/UNC championship game that wasn't broadcast on CBS, the lowest ratings since 1998 were for UNC/MSU in 2008. Bluebloods don't necessarily bring viewers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom