CBS News - Women Face Gender Gap in Concussion Treatment w/ Nika & UConn | The Boneyard

CBS News - Women Face Gender Gap in Concussion Treatment w/ Nika & UConn

sun

Reaction Score
On tonight's CBS Evening News, Nika is shown getting concussed at the beginning & end of the story.
It reported that 80% of concussion research involves men athletes only, possibly leading to women athletes receiving improper treatment.
Concussions affecting women athletes are in the news along with mentioning Title 9 & women's equality.
It was a short news story that someone in CT may be able to watch when CBS News is replayed around 2:00 AM on WFSB local channel 3.

Reaction Score
On tonight's CBS Evening News, Nika is shown getting concussed at the beginning & end of the story.
It reported that 80% of concussion research involves men athletes only, possibly leading to women athletes receiving improper treatment.
Concussions affecting women athletes are in the news along with mentioning Title 9 & women's equality.
It was a short news story that someone in CT may be able to watch when CBS News is replayed around 2:00 AM on WFSB local channel 3.
Nika Muhl?

sun

Reaction Score
Nika Muhl?
Yes. It showed when Nika got concussed during a game this year.
And then at the end it showed how unsteady & groggy Nika was when being walked to the bench.
During the news story they also showed a women's volleyball game.

Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That was a good albeit short report. I remember Brianna Scurry taking the knee to the head. There were a lot of followup stories (for those who pay attention to women's soccer) about her. It sounded awful.

Reaction Score

THOUGHT PROVOKING NEWS / Editorial. Makes me think not only of Nika but of Caroline.
The Stanford Volleyball player reports in this video that she suffered headaches for
three years after the initial injury (it appears the second hit to the head by the
spiked ball, CLOSE RANGE!!) was the clincher! OUCH.

Reaction Score
I couldn't help thinking about Caroline during that report. I hope all the hits to the head she has taken haven't caused chronic symptoms.
Ditto on that! She definitely had residual issues throughout the season. We can only hope and pray) that with time off now they will become fully resolved. She most definitely has had a difficult year.

Reaction Score
What percentage of athlete concussions are male football players? 80?

I don’t know if men’s brains and women’s brains need different treatment. Now, I could see where safety protocols and the development of those photo sold could differ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom