CBF 21 Season Prediction | The Boneyard

CBF 21 Season Prediction

Reaction Score
I think this is a pretty reasonable prediction if you’re directly translating last year’s team to this season. I think 6 wins is very doable for this squad. HOWEVER, I do believe we’ll see a passing game, which immediately boosts our 2023 offense, and we have a consistent DC in Mora this season. Our defense should resemble an improved version of our defense from the ladder half of last season. Not to mention some boosts in personnel talent and depth.

Given that, this schedule is potentially ripe with upsets with the exception of Tennessee. I can see BCU, Duke and JMU being wins for the huskies. And given the game is at the rent, and because they haven’t really played our best version, I really think NC State could underestimate us and get beat by a late 4 quarter comeback. I think there are 11 winnable games on this schedule.

Reaction Score
At a holiday party this weekend, I was talking to my brother-in-law. He's a college official & his crew was called on to officiate at some of the spring practices. He said that this season's team looks much bigger & stronger than the 2022 edition. (read hitting the weight room & additions thru the transfer portal). Here's hoping that it translates to a higher winning percentage this season.

Reaction Score
I fully expect this year's team to be better, as measured both by performance metrics and the eye test. I am not as convinced that it will show up in wins and losses, because, as the prediction above shows, it will require winning not just at home but on the road given that 4-2 would be a not bad home showing.

But if the QB play is significantly better than last year, 9-3, or at least 8-4, would not be out of reach.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I fully expect this year's team to be better, as measured both by performance metrics and the eye test. I am not as convinced that it will show up in wins and losses, because, as the prediction above shows, it will require winning not just at home but on the road given that 4-2 would be a not bad home showing.

But if the QB play is significantly better than last year, 9-3, or at least 8-4, would not be out of reach.
This pretty much mirrors my feelings. One more thing to add, last year we got some lucky bounces playing injured teams and getting some key turnovers and breakaway TDs. We will need to avoid bad luck and maybe even stay on the side of good luck to have that winning season.

Reaction Score
I think 6-6 is about right. Even with both tossups being away. But they could easily just as easily go 5-7 or 8-4. Hoping for a short cool summer.

Reaction Score
I would love, love, love to go into Alumni and beat BC. That would be a real statement about where the two programs are heading.

Is at James Madison really that tough a game?

6-7 wins I think........

Reaction Score
I would love, love, love to go into Alumni and beat BC. That would be a real statement about where the two programs are heading.

6-7 wins I think........
Yes on JMU

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
Having a bona fide winning season - even if it's just 7 wins in the regular schedule - would do a ton for this program. It proves the Mora era team is for real, ends a 12 year streak of futility, should continue the fan morale revolution, and should also hopefully give the program the credence with journalists it deserves. I mean, the latter is a fantasy, but at least journos who peddle "drop to FCS" will look even more ridiculous

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
6 in the bare minimum vs that schedule. Like last year there are very few NFW games. Would like to see progress, so 7-5 is the pass/fail for me heading into s bowl game.

Mora should be shooting for 8 or better to maintain the #revolution narrative. NC State and Tennessee are the only wins that would be complete surprises.

Of course we could beat Duke, BC, JMU if we play our A game. I'm more worried about laying an egg vs USU, GAST, USF, BC or Rice.

Reaction Score
I think that there is still a lot of uncertainty about what UConn has brought in to backfill the portal and graduation losses. Also uncertainty about player growth in the development program. So let's sit back and enjoy the first few games, not to mention other portal possibilities before that. (I have lost track. Still a couple openings, right?)

Reaction Score
I think that there is still a lot of uncertainty about what UConn has brought in to backfill the portal and graduation losses. Also uncertainty about player growth in the development program. So let's sit back and enjoy the first few games, not to mention other portal possibilities before that. (I have lost track. Still a couple openings, right?)
I’d love to see at least one more WR commit out of the portal to backfill. Other than that, think the coaching staff has done a great job maintaining or upgrading talent level at LB, TE, and DB/S positions.

Reaction Score
if we do go 8-4, what might our ranking be if we win a bowl game too. Top 60? Top 50?

Reaction Score

I think we might be either 7 or 8 win team. I think if the NC game was later in the season we might win, but I'm not to sure on that, Tennessee is the toughest IMO. Duke, NC and JMU should be toss ups..

Reaction Score
We pulled out some Ws by our short hairs. I could see being substantially better without much movement in the W/L columns. If we can steal a W vs NC State, we might just get the train rolling for a very strong season. One thing is certain we can’t have another QB performance like last year and expect to see much improvement.

Reaction Score
if we do go 8-4, what might our ranking be if we win a bowl game too. Top 60? Top 50?
Top 60 sounds about right. You gotta figure you have to be above all your losses and below all your wins. So above boston college but below Duke or vice versa? I may even be more pessimistic and say 70ish. So it goes.

Reaction Score

6-7 wins I think........

Yup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom