Cats | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cats

Reaction Score
I love my cat, but ever since he's seen the cardboard cutout of his face, he's been acting like a spoiled prince.

Since mid-May, he's been waking me up pretty much every day at 4 AM to feed him, despite the fact that I never cave and we keep a pretty regular schedule feeding him between 6 AM-6:30 AM daily. Usually, he just hangs out and once we’re up he gets excited and runs downstairs for breakfast.

Any recs on how to curb this? I've tried having honest conversations with him, but those don't seem to help.

Or, is caving and feeding him at 4 AM daily worth it to ensure I don't spend 4-6 AM half-awake with him clawing and meowing. My guess is that the earlier sunrise + bird activity are the main culprits to his hassling.

We're spending two nights away starting today, so I'm hoping the time away will help him take stock and see how lucky he is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a dog. I’m familiar with the phenomenon. But I got a newsflash for you - your dog greets the guy coming to rob your house the same way he greets you. Don’t be too flattered.
I had a frenchie with my last girlfriend but this one is good to get a German and wants to drop a couple grand to get it trained like crazy. I love it.

Yeah little Roscoe wouldn’t do squat; Cody will be another beast, literally

Reaction Score
Not my cat, she always met me at the top of the stairs when I got home from work. She likes to get in bed with us in the morning but she isn't loud about it.
I lived with three girls my first year out of UConn (my then girlfriend and two of her high school friends from Bristol) splitting a dirt cheap Cambridge apartment that was renovated while we lived in it lol anyway one of the girls got a cat, named it “kitty”, was the sweetest thing and would do the same.

Reaction Score

I think about this clip every time some hardo posts a “cats stink” comment.

I was a big anti-cat guy until we inherited my man Big Frank. He likes to cuddle like a dog does, has never scratched or bitten anybody, and he comes out to greet you like a dog when you come home. The best part is that he is basically entirely self-sufficient. I don’t think I’d buy a cat but when this little dude crosses the rainbow bridge I’m going to be sad as hell.

the only real downside is we also have an English bulldog who wants nothing more than to be his best friend but he wants nothing to do with her and tunes her up every time she comes near him.

Reaction Score
Had cats entire life, love them to death. I’ll admit that by nature dogs seem to be more affectionate than cats. But a well-assimilated cat that is affectionate and social is a true joy, and I wouldn’t trade either of my family’s current two cats for any dog.
Pack mentality
Domestication
Breeding

All massive differences in species histories

Reaction Score

I was a big anti-cat guy until we inherited my man Big Frank. He likes to cuddle like a dog does, has never scratched or bitten anybody, and he comes out to greet you like a dog when you come home. The best part is that he is basically entirely self-sufficient. I don’t think I’d buy a cat but when this little dude crosses the rainbow bridge I’m going to be sad as hell.

the only real downside is we also have an English bulldog who wants nothing more than to be his best friend but he wants nothing to do with her and tunes her up every time she comes near him.
Cats are awesome and dogs are awesome.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can deal with a bad cat, usually they keep to themselves and are just bullies.

But a poorly trained dog my god are they annoying. And extension of their owners.
I can deal with strangers with or without a dog who know how to approach an unfamiliar dog.

But a moron who just reaches for a dog's head or otherwise insists on petting my dog or having their dog "meet" when I know from his posture he wants no part of it and I tell them so.... well they're gonna get what they get.

Reaction Score
I can deal with a bad cat, usually they keep to themselves and are just bullies.

But a poorly trained dog my god are they annoying. And extension of their owners.
A cat that goes wrong is usually just antisocial/doesn't want to be picked up/ scratches you. A dog that goes wrong will become a major problem...non-stop barking, taking elephant size dumps all over the house, attacking people etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Is the Bulldog's name Little Missy?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agreed, but a lot depends on what you are using for fuel, and whether any sauces are involved.
Pimento sticks make anything taste awesome, or so I've heard.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I raise that argument, my cat owning friends counter with- "Yeah, but my cat behaves just like a dog!". Hmmm...
Not really. It's more like I'm sorry my cat doesn't fit your stereotype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom