2023 Recruiting: - Castle highlights at Wooten Camp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Castle highlights at Wooten Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bossi: I’m not sure anybody did more to make a mark with McDonald’s Game voters than future Connecticut guard Stephon Castle. Picking him as the guy who made the biggest impression to me wasn’t easy because the guys that Adam and Brandon talk about plus Layden Blocker were very good as well. But Castle's size, ability to control pace and college readiness stood out to me. If I had been asked to choose which player in attendance I would want if I had to have a bucket during a crucial moment of a live game situation, I’m pretty sure I would have gone with Castle.

Jenkins: As mentioned by Bossi above, Connecticut bound Castle was one of the best performers at the camp and he set the tone immediately during Saturday's morning session. He was simply a man amongst boys in how he got defenders on his hip and made plays with his combination of size, craft, strength, and feel. If there was one takeaway from his dominating showings throughout the past few days, it was his value playing the point guard position with like talent around him. More times than not, he was the best and most efficient player on the floor while in complete control of running the offense.

If there was any doubt whether he's a point guard or a combo guard, this sounds like we have our point guard for next season.

They need to bump him up a little, should be a consensus 5 star on all the sites and a McD's all-American.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, this sounds promising:

If there was one takeaway from his dominating showings throughout the past few days, it was his value playing the point guard position with like talent around him. More times than not, he was the best and most efficient player on the floor while in complete control of running the offense.

Reaction Score
We need to do everything possible to keep him off the McD all star team.

Reaction Score
Saw some jumpshots in those clips.

I think freshman Castle will have some first round pick attention.

But sophomore Castle with a consistent jumper? That’s lottery without a doubt. 6’6 PG that can score, facilitate, and shoot? Those don’t come around often

Reaction Score
Saw some jumpshots in those clips.

I think freshman Castle will have some first round pick attention.

But sophomore Castle with a consistent jumper? That’s lottery without a doubt. 6’6 PG that can score, facilitate, and shoot? Those don’t come around often

Gotta go if you get first round attention freshman year. Even sophomores have a tough time getting drafted high these days.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Mannnn this is a great comparison. I was trying to figure out his game, I think this is it.
Castle's a much higher rated prospect at the same stage coming out of high school FWIW obviously a scouting miss similar to Ja Morant.. but Castle and Butler's games and their physical profiles obviously line up in several ways

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Castle's a much higher rated prospect at the same stage coming out of high school FWIW obviously a scouting miss similar to Ja Morant.. but Castle and Butler's games and their physical profiles obviously line up in several ways

Yeah, forget what they were then, NBA comp that's a very solid one both in body and game. He's certainly more of a PG than Jimmy, just referring to the finishing, etc.

Reaction Score
What a BEAST!! I mean Bully!!! Doing anything on the court at will!! I say pass! Send him straight to the draft!!

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I keep seeing Brandon Roy.
Brandon Roy is a good comp.

..but watch a few plays from this Butler highlight then the Castle highlight again. some of their movements look identical

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I watched that whole thing and he never played any defense.
Better yet is that opposing players tried unsuccessfully to play defense against him.

Lots of bent head shaking after he scored on them.

Reaction Score

Left hand finishing is slowly coming along. He didn't have ANY left his last high school season.

Left hand PASSING will be the next big step. He's limiting himself right now and high level defenses will prey on that.

If he does that and continues to develop the shooting--he's an NBA starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom