Cars.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cars....

Reaction Score
I have a 2019 Genesis G70 AWD that I like a lot....(It is loaded...HUD, air conditioned seats, tech gadgetry..) I am now in the looking process to trade my second car, an Audi Q5 for a Genesis G80.

Anyone have any knowledge of downsides of a G80...3.8

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
2007 is not a late model and largely avoided the electrical shenanigans endemic to the breed now.

You’re using you experience with a horse drawn carriage to tell me why my space ship is more reliable than it is.

So my 2016 isn’t “late model“ either? They did have iDrive in 2007 and it was crap, which is why I avoided it. It’s much better now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So my 2016 isn’t “late model“ either? They did have iDrive in 2007 and it was crap, which is why I avoided it. It’s much better now.

lol...no.

It‘s 2021.

And their reliability and reputation are both accurately pegged as crap.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Pulled the trigger on the G80....got rid of the Audi Q5 with rattling sunroof....like the G80 for at least day 1...
I now imagine you driving around wielding a Global knife in your left hand and the Mayabi in the other.

Reaction Score
I now imagine you driving around wielding a Global knife in your left hand and the Mayabi in the other.
LOL...I do love my Japanese knives....and Korean cars, Korean TV, Vietnamese shoes (Sketchers).....my Samsung refrigerator was assembled in Poland....and while recently shopping for an induction range...have found out that Frigidaire builds theirs in Juarez, but LG builds theirs near Nashville.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
european cars universally blow. it's no wonder that first the japanese, and then the koreans, blew their doors off. as word slowly percolated out aboot their quality and value, eurobadge envy has dramatically dissipated. still never gonna buy a foreign vehicle, but i respect what the japanese and koreans actually do.
many more folks now buy suvs and pickem up trucks due to how confident it makes them feel up on the interstate. i got to drive wildchild girl philly cuzins superduper everything new 'vette again recently. fuhghettabootit-scary good supercar value. joey logano got nuthin on that time traveler. then, i teased my bud aboot his new regular vette, 'other than it's drop dead gorgeous looks, it's a septic truck for performance compared to her space vehicle.' lol. i'm a slooow driver, having learned the lesson the hard way.
but hey, im opened minded. sumtimes, i even buy a ford (that 4 door mustang looks sweet, and f 1s,2s,3s,4s,5s,and 6s are always welcome, most lincolns too), but they can look out of place out back in the 'gathering of the gm's.'
see the USA, in ur chev-ro-let...,
or, real, real oldschool fam phrase, 'chevrolet cou-pe on the merrit park-way!' as i understand it, that saying was all the rage when they built that blacktop with trees. maiers garage in Bport (home of bucky's dymaxion!) coming up on 100 year anniversary of doing oil changes, mostly chevs, fords, and dodge/chryslers, methinks. i guess they buy their kids a new home whenever they choose to fix anything else.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
more 'cars.'
'The Riker Electric Vehicle Company, formed by inventor Andrew Riker, became known for producing electric touring cars and commercial trucks. This catalog from 1900 shows the company's line of electric vehicles. Riker later developed internal-combustion engines for the Locomobile Company of America.'

and then,
'Locomobile was called the “best built car in America.”
The Locomobile Company of America – Bridgeport History Center (bportlibrary.org)

and, now, back to electric cars, a century plus later. truth is stranger than fiction.
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-in-white-rear-side-view.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom