damn she really had luck with injuries.. i just wish they would stop

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A little bit Ginger?
Gingers unite!!

south-park-ginger2.jpg

Reaction Score
Awesome info from Geno !!! Can't wait for the Geno Show tonight at 8:00.

That's a very big endorsement for KML this early. Sounds like the 4 starting guards won't be Caroline/Tiff/Bria/Kelly. Geno has done nothing but rave about Tiffany so far, and besides she's a senior. Then we have Caroline, who is the captain and Geno's go-to point guard for this season. Next we have Bria, who Geno has said is miles ahead of last year (both she and Stef have been looking great, per the coaching staff's recent comments). Then you have Kelly. We all know how highly Geno values Kelly Faris.

I guess if KML starts, I would rotate her with Bria. Both are adept at scoring first and foremost, among their other skillsets. So the starting lineup would likely be CDoty/Tiff/Kelly/KML & Stef. Unless Geno has more surprises in store for us!

Great that Sue and KG were there. Love to see the alums dropping by....I wonder if KG is going overseas this year? Perhaps taking a break before doing so? Or, did she not get a Euro gig this winter? With Renee's trevails, not getting paid etc., I wonder if the market is tighter this year, contracts smaller, and maybe less room on the payroll for American players across all the leagues.

Bria Hartley is our best player.
And she's not a freshman. Which means she's starting.

My guess, KML will start over Kelly, if she starts.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Bria Hartley is our best player.
And she's not a freshman. Which means she's starting.

My guess, KML will start over Kelly, if she starts.

I would love for any player to prove me wrong if I disagree on something like this, but I just disagree. Having said that, I don't think there's a big gap separating our top players, and Bria is one of them. It's not like "Maya and then everyone else" this year.

Also, listening to Geno tonight, he is consistently high on Kelly and what she does, and also he mentioned that her shooting is vastly improved. At the same time, he mentioned that Bria was getting on his nerves and that she needs to develop/mature to better handle when things don't go well. Re: KML, he was over the top with praise. I have never heard him speak like this about a freshman before, ever. All in all, the things I heard tonight would only reinforce what I said in my earlier post.

But hey, it's all pre-season speculation anyway :D We'll see how things look in the next few weeks.

Reaction Score
I would love for any player to prove me wrong if I disagree on something like this, but I just disagree. Having said that, I don't think there's a big gap separating our top players, and Bria is one of them. It's not like "Maya and then everyone else" this year.

Also, listening to Geno tonight, he is consistently high on Kelly and what she does, and also he mentioned that her shooting is vastly improved. At the same time, he mentioned that Bria was getting on his nerves and that she needs to develop/mature to better handle when things don't go well. Re: KML, he was over the top with praise. I have never heard him speak like this about a freshman before, ever. All in all, the things I heard tonight would only reinforce what I said in my earlier post.

But hey, it's all pre-season speculation anyway :D We'll see how things look in the next few weeks.

I don't really know why Bria doesn't get the respect she deserves here. But it's really kind of strange.

He said Bria got on his nerves last season too, and yet she played more minutes than any other freshman, ever. Usually, if he's picking on a kid. It's a good thing.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I remain convinced that KML will be in the starting lineup by January and, once she is, she will be there for the duration.

Who's place will she take? Not Stef. Anybody else. Anybody.

Somebody else can start a poll. Not my thing.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I don't really know why Bria doesn't get the respect she deserves here. But it's really kind of strange.

He said Bria got on his nerves last season too, and yet she played more minutes than any other freshman, ever. Usually, if he's picking on a kid. It's a good thing.

If people were saying she sucked, that would be strange. Obviously I don't see those kinds of opinions on the BY. Because I said she is one of our best players, but disagreed with your opinion that she is not *the* best, that is not adequately 'respectful' of Bria? I guess it was also disrespectful of the AP to put Stef and Tiff on the pre-season honorable mention list, but not Bria? How dare they? She got BE FOY last year, after all, not Stef. But they didn't. Not a big deal in my book.

From what we're getting from the coaches so far this season, it seems like either Tiff or Stef is the best player on the floor for us. So far. But we don't have a clear standout like we did last year. The whole 'who is best' thing is likely going to fluctuate a lot--it's just very early.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Thanks for the wealth of info.

If Tiff is 50% better than last year, take Stricklen off the AA list and insert #3 in National Flag Blue.
Tiff always looks good in practice... she knows the routine. Save some of it for the real games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am not sure who our best player is. I'm not sure about CD because oc her knee, but I think one can make a case for:

Tiffany
Stef
Kelly
Bria
Kaleena

I have a hunch it's KML. If not now, by March.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I like Bria Hartley over everyone except Dolson (thats only because she's closer to the basket).

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I am not sure who our best player is. I'm not sure about CD because oc her knee, but I think one can make a case for:

Tiffany
Stef
Kelly
Bria
Kaleena

I have a hunch it's KML. If not now, by March.

This would be my guess with emphasis on guess. We will find out on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom