Carlton - Injury update? | The Boneyard

Carlton - Injury update?

Reaction Score
hopefully it was slight sprain that he can walk/run off. I am no doctor so I don't know if rest is what is needed or for him to get moving so the ankle doesn't swell. UConn will need him, especially against Seton Hall with Mamu and Ike Diogu.

Reaction Score
It's a simple rolled ankle. Routine basketball injury. I'm confident. We are due. Karma is in our favor. Maybe miss a game. That's it.

Reaction Score
Three real bigs are needed against Seton Hall.

Today, we saw that Akok has trouble playing against teams who can play two thick bigs at any given time.

Seton Hall won't be any different between 7'2 270 Ike Obiagu, 6'11 240 Mamu and 6'10 235 Tyrese Samuel.

Let's hope Josh is ready to play on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Losing Carlton for any significant time would be a big blow, we'd be essentially down to 9 players. Although people may get their wish of Richie Springs playing

Adams will get minutes at the 4, like last year, before you see Springs. Seriously, is it difficult to find the one rational assumption for him not getting a minute or two in games we are up double digits?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Adams will get minutes at the 4, like last tease, before you see Springs. Seriously, is it difficult to find the one rational assumption for not getting a minute or two in games we are up double digits?
Yeah I agree, I don't see him playing this year because Hurley clearly doesn't think he's ready

Reaction Score
What athlete hasn’t rolled their ankle a million times? Tape it up and he’ll be good to go.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Adams will get minutes at the 4, like last year, before you see Springs. Seriously, is it difficult to find the one rational assumption for him not getting a minute or two in games we are up double digits?
I was wondering myself. I know many on the yard were down on him because of his defense. I do know he hsytlers, bangs a couple of three's here and there and not afraid to take to the iron. I am not the coach but I think he is an asset to give breathers and contribute a bit.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Still no word on this? I assume that’s a good thing but with Hurley he may not let us know if he’s injured. Hopefully we’ll know more after tomorrow’s presser.

Reaction Score
Whaley sat for a year and a half. We were playing Brendan Adams at the 4 over him. #PlayRichie
Hurley has a good grasp on who plays well in practice, and then translates that to minutes. If Springs really was our 3rd best big he would’ve been out there already. Clearly he’s getting thumped by Carlton in practice.

I think Springs has great potential but remember he reclassed up and redshirted, so this is like his freshman season. I’d expect to see him next season and I think that is the plan.

I’d bet on Carlton being a game time decision and eventually be activated before the game. Either way Seton Hall should be game planning to live in the paint considering how poor and frequently they’ve shot it from deep the past 4 games. However our interior defense was great last game.

Reaction Score
Still no word on this? I assume that’s a good thing but with Hurley he may not let us know if he’s injured. Hopefully we’ll know more after tomorrow’s presser.
I know an insider with word on it but I guess he stopped posting

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Don't you just have a feeling that he will come in and exceed expectations? I don't know why he can't play a few minutes. Hurley buried Whaley on the bench as well.

Reaction Score
Hurley has stated that Springs is a great rebounder. That alone should earn him a few minutes in a game that is well in hand. You got to feed the big guy a few crumbs to keep him interested, IMO.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If we need to go deeper at big than Whaley/Akok/Sanogo, I'm team Springs over Adams. Adams shouldn't see the floor again, unless there's injuries to our non bigs.

CV1

Reaction Score
Why is there even a comparison of Adams to Springs? Adams is 6 foot 4. No way is he getting put in as the 4. Seton Hall has 3 guys around 7 feet tall. Good luck with that. If Carlton can’t go, Akok will be in there to give Whaley and Sanogo some rest time or we even put Martin at the 4 for a few minutes.

Reaction Score
Why is there even a comparison of Adams to Springs? Adams is 6 foot 4. No way is he getting put in as the 4. Seton Hall has 3 guys around 7 feet tall. Good luck with that. If Carlton can’t go, Akok will be in there to give Whaley and Sanogo some rest time or we even put Martin at the 4 for a few minutes.
I think people are just saying we'd play small before Springs plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom