Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
they’re using a legal grey area here to sell actual cannabis in all 50 states even at major retailers. Was Sativa also kind of a legal grey area or was it straight up misuse like bath salts/duster?
If sativa is the same as that K2 stuff, then it was basically legal because it wasn't yet illegal. It was sold at bodegas and corner stores as incense, and said "do not ingest" on the package, but people smoked it for a terrible, short-term buzz. As the feds caught on, it became illegal and stores stopped selling it.

Reaction Score
Maybe, but it might not be the best call.

I have friend in law enforcement who tells a story of how he was looking out of his window at home and sees a car pull in front of the vacant and for sale house across the street. He sees a guy get out and furtively look in the windows and then gets back in the car. He makes the decision to call it in to local PD. It was a slow night and he lives on the border of three towns so one car from each town starts heading that way. He gets tired of waiting so he figures he'll just check it out himself.

As he looks at the car, he sees that it is packed full and sees suspicious movement. He draws his weapon and yells "Police, exit the vehicle with your hands in the air." Just at this point, one of the local PD arrives on the scene see my buddy with weapon drawn ordering them out of the car and radios that he is responding and that weapons are drawn. Somehow that gets interpreted as a firefight and now the cars that were on the way pull up lights and sirens to the scene scrambling to get out and draw their weapons. It was like a TV episode with light flashing and way too many police covering the car. The car door opens and a mushroom cloud of smoke rises out of it. It turns out that they were a bunch of idiot teens looking for a place to smoke a big ass bag weed who figured being parked in front of a vacant house was as good a place as any. My friend still gets razzed about 'keeping America safe from stoned teenagers.'

In my minds eye that car will forever more be a red Delta 88.

Who sees movement in a car and pulls out a gun? Your friend is a moron and shouldn't be a police officer.

A civilian can't draw a weapon unless they feel their lives are threatened. What gives an off duty cop any other rules? Seeing people looking around a vacant house ain't a felony. Castle doctrine and a duty to retreat exist for a reason.

You know what I do when I see local stoner kids hanging out across the street?

Nothing.

Occasionally I'll say "guys, can you keep it down?" They do.

I don't get my pre-ban Ak-74 (or the cannon) and go looking for trouble like an idiot. Until your life is threatenee you keep the gun in your god damned holster

Last edited:

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Roll a smaller joint.

Incidentally, my 70 year old mother smoked a joint at my brother's place a year or so ago. Not realizing that today's weed is exponentially stronger than the stuff she smoked in the 60s, she took it down to the filter. To call it a traumatic experience would be an understatement. Hilarious though.
Thanks for the tip.

let me rephrase. I wish the potency of medical marijuana didn’t have me fully highly after two tokes, I wish I could sit down and enjoy that time with something like 12 or 15 tokes.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Who sees movement in a car and pulls out a gun? Your friend is a moron and shouldn't be a police officer.

A civilian can't draw a weapon unless they feel their lives are threatened. What gives an off duty cop any other rules? Seeing people looking around a vacant house ain't a felony. Castle doctrine and a duty to retreat exist for a reason.

Nothing.

I don't get my pre-ban Ak-74 (or the cannon) and go looking for trouble like an idiot. Until your life is threatenee you keep the gun in your god damned holster
I was thinking the same thing about Johnny Law pulling his weapon in that spot. CT isn't some dumpy stand your ground state. It's so ridiculous and absurd that I'm not even sure I believe that part of the story.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing about Johnny Law pulling his weapon in that spot. CT isn't some dumpy stand your ground state. It's so ridiculous and absurd that I'm not even sure I believe that part of the story.
@CL82 lives in New Jersey, so it’s at least got the dumpy part.

I keed, I keed!

Reaction Score
Maybe, but it might not be the best call.

I have friend in law enforcement who tells a story of how he was looking out of his window at home and sees a car pull in front of the vacant and for sale house across the street. He sees a guy get out and furtively look in the windows and then gets back in the car. He makes the decision to call it in to local PD. It was a slow night and he lives on the border of three towns so one car from each town starts heading that way. He gets tired of waiting so he figures he'll just check it out himself.

As he looks at the car, he sees that it is packed full and sees suspicious movement. He draws his weapon and yells "Police, exit the vehicle with your hands in the air." Just at this point, one of the local PD arrives on the scene see my buddy with weapon drawn ordering them out of the car and radios that he is responding and that weapons are drawn. Somehow that gets interpreted as a firefight and now the cars that were on the way pull up lights and sirens to the scene scrambling to get out and draw their weapons. It was like a TV episode with light flashing and way too many police covering the car. The car door opens and a mushroom cloud of smoke rises out of it. It turns out that they were a bunch of idiot teens looking for a place to smoke a big ass bag weed who figured being parked in front of a vacant house was as good a place as any. My friend still gets razzed about 'keeping America safe from stoned teenagers.'

In my minds eye that car will forever more be a red Delta 88.
super troopers GIF

Reaction Score
fun fact.
'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites - study - BBC News
prolly why the priests were always shaking down folks for cash. lol.
the plant first appears around 50-60 million years ago in central asian highlands, sometime after the 'great dinosaur extinction' aboot 65 million years ago. good thing, as munched out t-rexs stumbling around would be problematic.
'Cannabis plants have been cultivated in East Asia for their oily seeds and fibre from at least 4,000 BC.' longer, but we need more 'data' to prove it.

this guy seems to think that the priests using these incense burners while walking up and down the pews were actually getting everyone high

1618613841774.png

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

this guy seems to think that the priests using these incense burners while walking up and down the pews were actually getting everyone high

View attachment 66903

I always inhale deeply as the Priest passes by, just in case. I'm convinced the mass goes faster after a quick frankincence hit.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the tip.

let me rephrase. I wish the potency of medical marijuana didn’t have me fully highly after two tokes, I wish I could sit down and enjoy that time with something like 12 or 15 tokes.
Same. I think when it's finally legalized there's going to be a market for cheaper, less potent weed for this very reason. I can't remember the last time I rolled a joint for myself. I won't roll one anymore unless I'm sharing it with at least two other people. Otherwise it's just a waste. Being able to sit outside on a nice night with a beer and and a personal sized J was great.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@CL82 lives in New Jersey, so it’s at least got the dumpy part.

I keed, I keed!
NJ forces you to retreat wherever and whenever possible.

(Oh and I've lived in both states and I live here now... just sayin'.)

CL82

Reaction Score

Nothing.

Well I've never claimed to be a law enforcement expert so I can't speak to the issue with same authority as you, but I think unholstering a weapon is pretty much up officer in question with the guidelines being that reasonably felt that deadly force could be necessary. In this case suspicious behavior and furtive movement with a vehicle of multiple individuals would seem to meet that standard, but I'm sure you are right.

Reaction Score
Well I've never claimed to be a law enforcement expert so I can't speak to the issue with same authority as you, but I think unholstering a weapon is pretty much up officer in question with the guidelines being that reasonably felt that deadly force could be necessary. In this case suspicious behavior and furtive movement with a vehicle of multiple individuals would seem to meet that standard, but I'm sure you are right.

He wasn't in uniform. But even if he was that's ridiculous. I don't know the legal standard for either. If "furtive movement" in a dark vehicle means you think you'll need to shoot someone, you shouldn't be a cop.

In your account of the story, he shouldn't have done anything but call local PD and go about his day. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Certainly hope so. Dunces like that give responsible gun owners a bad name.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yea, I mean he clearly was not an expert on cannabis laws. They shouldn’t have labeled him as such. But I’ve found living in the south that it’s actually less “authoritarian” feeling because these departments are so understaffed, underfunded you can get away with pretty much anything because the cops who pretend to be tough are never around. One guy may cover like 40 miles.

CL82

Reaction Score
He wasn't in uniform. But even if he was that's ridiculous. I don't know the legal standard for either. If "furtive movement" in a dark vehicle means you think you'll need to shoot someone, you shouldn't be a cop. That's cowardice

In your account of the story, he shouldn't have done anything but call local PD and go about his day. Ridiculous.
I'm sure you are right. Of course I suppose that one could argue that waiting until you are under fire puts officers at unnecessary risk, but you are right it would be much "braver" to handle it that way.

Reaction Score
I'm sure you are right. Of course I suppose that one could argue that waiting until you are under fire puts officers at unnecessary risk, but you are right it would be much "braver" to handle it that way.

Does he draw a gun every time he pulls up to a car parked in the wrong spot with people acting weird inside? Cops deal with that every single day. Literally every day. I know plenty of them. My best friend is a cop turned social worker.

Being a coward is fine... but not when you have qualified immunity and a de facto license to kill in half these departments.

The bigger issue is probably that an ununiformed cop did this. You are writing about unnecessary risk, and kind of imply he was in uniform. He wasn't. He was a civilian. doing ANYTHING was the unnecessary risk because your idiot friend wanted to be a tough guy with a gun.

If that's my kid in the car and I see some idiot waving a gun at them I'm going to end your friend's life and not feel bad about it. I can hit a half dollar at 50ft within 2 seconds when I draw my carry piece. Out of uniform you ONLY draw a weapon if your life or someone else's is in danger because the cop is ostensibly a civilian.

Cops need more accountability. I would encourage you to discuss how rash and dangerous his decision-making was. Consider anger management therapy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yea, I mean he clearly was not an expert on cannabis laws. They shouldn’t have labeled him as such. But I’ve found living in the south that it’s actually less “authoritarian” feeling because these departments are so understaffed, underfunded you can get away with pretty much anything because the cops who pretend to be tough are never around. One guy may cover like 40 miles.

From my conversations with friends in law enforcement, the hair on the back of their neck lays down (or is it lies down?) when they are dealing with people using weed and dealing weed. I've gotten the vibe they'd prefer to treat it like driving 5 mph over the speed limit- Do it discreetly, don't swerve, tailgate, use your blinkers, etc and no one does a damn thing. Same for weed. Just don't make them have to act on what you are doing.

Across the board the biggest anxiety spike for any of them is going to a home for a domestic violence call.

Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

CL82

Reaction Score
Does he draw a gun every time he pulls up to a car parked in the wrong spot with people acting weird inside? Cops deal with that every single day. Literally every day. I know plenty of them. My best friend is a cop turned social worker.

Being a coward is fine... but not when you have qualified immunity and a de facto license to kill in half these departments.

The bigger issue is probably that an ununiformed cop did this. You are writing about unnecessary risk, and kind of imply he was in uniform. He wasn't. He was a civilian. doing ANYTHING was the unnecessary risk because your idiot friend wanted to be a tough guy with a gun.

If that's my kid in the car and I see some idiot waving a gun at them I'm going to end your friend's life and not feel bad about it. I can hit a half dollar at 50ft within 2 seconds when I draw my carry piece. Out of uniform you ONLY draw a weapon if your life or someone else's is in danger because the cop is ostensibly a civilian.

Cops need more accountability. I would encourage you to discuss how rash and dangerous his decision-making was. Consider anger management therapy.
I’m sure that you’re right and he was waving around a gun. Of course I’ve never heard the story told that way, but that’s what police do, right? Wave guns at people. And the other police there, they would probably find it entirely acceptable that an officer was waving a gun around. I mean they probably waive their guns too.

And I’m sure you’re right as well then he’s a coward, I mean you’ve never met him, and his career would certainly say otherwise, but you seem pretty intuitive about these things. And I’m sure you’re right that I was implying that he was in uniform, even though I never actually said that, it must’ve been implied because that gives you something to argue against, right?

Thank you for your insights. I genuinely appreciate them.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
not really sure what this is to mean, but being a big fan for all thoughts (onnadem 'free speecher' types), i'll just respond by saying that bud is in the bible, ie 'kaneh bosem,' and it wasn't just used to make sailcloth.

Reaction Score
I’m sure that you’re right and he was waving around a gun. Of course I’ve never heard the story told that way, but that’s what police do, right? Wave guns at people. And the other police there, they would probably find it entirely acceptable that an officer was waving a gun around. I mean they probably waive their guns too. And I’m sure you’re right as well then he’s a coward, I mean you’ve never met him, and his career would certainly say otherwise, but you seem pretty intuitive about these things. And I’m sure you’re right that I was implying that he was in uniform, even though I never actually said that, it must’ve been implied because that gives you something to argue against, right? Thank you for your insights. I genuinely appreciate them.

You said he "drew his weapon" when he saw movement in the car. We can define "wave" however you want but that is wildly innapropriate regardless. Does changing it to "only an absolute dunce walks up to a car for no reason and draws a gun" sound better to you?

Being a cop doesn't mean you are or aren't a coward. Cowardice occurs from moment to moment. A person who draws their firearm unnecessarily is undoubtedly a coward in that moment. I would imagine in his career he has had plenty of moments he wasn't cowardly.

I didn't say you implied he was in uniform. I said that because he WASN'T in uniform, he needs to follow the rules any civilian would. Your writing about when a COP should or should not draw a gun is irrelevant because he waa, in that encounter, a civilian.

Good effort though bub. I'm remembering why I had you on ignore until last week now. You're clueless.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I’m sure that you’re right and he was waving around a gun. Of course I’ve never heard the story told that way, but that’s what police do, right? Wave guns at people. And the other police there, they would probably find it entirely acceptable that an officer was waving a gun around. I mean they probably waive their guns too. And I’m sure you’re right as well then he’s a coward, I mean you’ve never met him, and his career would certainly say otherwise, but you seem pretty intuitive about these things. And I’m sure you’re right that I was implying that he was in uniform, even though I never actually said that, it must’ve been implied because that gives you something to argue against, right? Thank you for your insights. I genuinely appreciate them.
i certainly believe the story, especially all the parts aboot 'his window and his home.' furtively is an awesome word, and really says it all. im always on the phone to 5-0 when those furtive actors are nosing around. sometimes, they really are bad dudes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom