Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cannabis users thoughts on Delta-8?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
So they basically unintentionally legalized mild weed across the country with the farm bill because they forgot to ban the other psychoactive cannabinoids. Now Delta-8 is EVERYWHERE down south. My local gas station has a whole section for this stuff now, advertising that they are selling legal weed, THC. I’m good friends with the owner of the head shop in town and he’s saying Delta-8 makes up the majority of his sales now. He basically sells pot. This is in South Carolina lol.

So has anyone else tried this stuff? Do you think it’s safe? I actually really enjoyed my experience with the edibles. It was like a mild, energetic, hyper creative high, absolutely no paranoia or anxiety issues with it. Unlike CBD this is definitely psychoactive though. 75% as potent as regular weed. I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time before federal law, or state laws individually, changes either banning it or heavily regulating it.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Would it test positive on a drug test? I'm among the few teachers in my school who randomly tests because I have a bus license for coaching. Prior to coaching, I was an almost daily smoker in college, then a once-/twice-a-week smoker out of college but nowadays I avoid it until the summer.

Some probability/profiling fun. Each quarter, two of our school's five coaches are randomly tested, so basically there's a 40% chance of getting picked. There was a point within our random testing where I was picked nine times in a row.

Here's the math:

0.4 (P of getting picked) raised to the 9th power ~ 0.026% probability or 1/4000 chance. At the time of the streak, my age ranged from 29-31 with longish hair...profiling anyone? :)
Trying to imagine you teaching private school math.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm so on board with that. Weed is so strong now, no more than one or two hits and you're good for a while.

My favorite weed was in the Philippines where a buddy I used to play music with moved back to a decade ago. It grew wildly, was totally "organic" and you could smoke that stuff all day, feel relaxed but not sedate, but still function, have normal levels of energy and not have jitters.
and now, u know why. thc sensitivity is an individual journey, analogous to, say, poison ivy or cilantro.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Smoking weed is so aughts. Now that it's legal everywhere, I'm off that. And I used to burn daily...openly...didn't go anywhere without reeking of it...essentially liberalized it. Haven't touched it in over a year and have no plans to smoke again. It's weird how things work out. The old me would have loved legal weed, and now I could care less.

Agreed. I only do DMT now. Just me, @August_West and a bunch of machine elves witnessing the dawning of the universe.

In all seriousness, I haven't touched weed once during COVID. I went about 15 years without a day off.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Agreed. I only do DMT now. Just me, @August_West and a bunch of machine elves witnessing the dawning of the universe.

In all seriousness, I haven't touched weed once during COVID. I went about 15 years without a day off.
eventually, the 'experts,' driven by research data, will figger out that plain old moderate thc level bud, smoked, can be a sars2coronavirus prophylactic and, as with many lung infections, a post expressed infection therapy. eventually. not today, as they're just getting around to counting up the dental extractions thing.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
eventually, the 'experts,' driven by research data, will figger out that plain old moderate thc level bud, smoked, is a sars2coronavirus prophylactic and, as with most lung infections, a post expressed infection therapy. eventually. not today, as they're just getting around to counting up the dental extractions thing.

Maybe giving it up is why I got the Rona

And maybe 25 years of doing it is why I got such a mild case

I guess we'll never know

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
fun fact.
'Cannabis burned during worship' by ancient Israelites - study - BBC News
prolly why the priests were always shaking down folks for cash. lol.
the plant first appears around 50-60 million years ago in central asian highlands, sometime after the 'great dinosaur extinction' aboot 65 million years ago. good thing, as munched out t-rexs stumbling around would be problematic.
'Cannabis plants have been cultivated in East Asia for their oily seeds and fibre from at least 4,000 BC.' longer, but we need more 'data' to prove it.

Last edited:

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

I think of all the $$$$$ I spent over the years on buds, accessories, etc(among other not so legal things) and realize I could be kicking back on the front porch of a beach house right about now. Oh well. No regrets. A lot of great memories but also some not so savory experiences. I also feel a hell of a lot better physically since I stopped smoking.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This thread explains a number of posts that have baffled me
snoop just dropped 'roaches in my ashtray' a few weeks back. popular.
i like this one, the original cut, and not that 'pc' crap version where they edit the burn words.

saint snoop, the man.

Reaction Score
Can you smoke Delta-8 in a Delta 88? Now that's a trip. Friend of mine had one of these in high school. We could have a party in there it was so big.

1618596391053.png

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Can you smoke Delta-8 in a Delta 88? Now that's a trip. Friend of mine had one of these in high school. We could have a party in there it was so big.

View attachment 66897
Maybe, but it might not be the best call.

I have friend in law enforcement who tells a story of how he was looking out of his window at home and sees a car pull in front of the vacant and for sale house across the street. He sees a guy get out and furtively look in the windows and then gets back in the car. He makes the decision to call it in to local PD. It was a slow night and he lives on the border of three towns so one car from each town starts heading that way. He gets tired of waiting so he figures he'll just check it out himself.

As he looks at the car, he sees that it is packed full and sees suspicious movement. He draws his weapon and yells "Police, exit the vehicle with your hands in the air." Just at this point, one of the local PD arrives on the scene see my buddy with weapon drawn ordering them out of the car and radios that he is responding and that weapons are drawn. Somehow that gets interpreted as a firefight and now the cars that were on the way pull up lights and sirens to the scene scrambling to get out and draw their weapons. It was like a TV episode with light flashing and way too many police covering the car. The car door opens and a mushroom cloud of smoke rises out of it. It turns out that they were a bunch of idiot teens looking for a place to smoke a big ass bag weed who figured being parked in front of a vacant house was as good a place as any. My friend still gets razzed about 'keeping America safe from stoned teenagers.'

In my minds eye that car will forever more be a red Delta 88.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Love the idea of this.

As a daily smoker with a medical card in CT, I really wish they provided some lower THC options. I miss being able to smoke a whole joint and not being totally messed up.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Maybe, but it might not be the best call.

I have friend in law enforcement who tells a story of how he was looking out of his window at home and sees a car pull in front of the vacant and for sale house across the street. He sees a guy get out and furtively look in the windows and then gets back in the car. He makes the decision to call it in to local PD. It was a slow night and he lives on the border of three towns so one car from each town starts heading that way. He gets tired of waiting so he figures he'll just check it out himself.

As he looks at the car, he sees that it is packed full and sees suspicious movement. He draws his weapon and yells "Police, exit the vehicle with your hands in the air." Just at this point, one of the local PD arrives on the scene see my buddy with weapon drawn ordering them out of the car and radios that he is responding and that weapons are drawn. Somehow that gets interpreted as a firefight and now the cars that were on the way pull up lights and sirens to the scene scrambling to get out and draw their weapons. It was like a TV episode with light flashing and way too many police covering the car. The car door opens and a mushroom cloud of smoke rises out of it. It turns out that they were a bunch of idiot teens looking for a place to smoke a big ass bag weed who figured being parked in front of a vacant house was as good a place as any. My friend still gets razzed about 'keeping America safe from stoned teenagers.'

In my minds eye that car will forever more be a red Delta 88.
ahhh, (beagle)school daze. 'how dear to the heart are childhood times, when fond recollections recall them to view.'

surfs up!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would it test positive on a drug test? I'm among the few teachers in my school who randomly tests because I have a bus license for coaching. Prior to coaching, I was an almost daily smoker in college, then a once-/twice-a-week smoker out of college but nowadays I avoid it until the summer.

Some probability/profiling fun. Each quarter, two of our school's five coaches are randomly tested, so basically there's a 40% chance of getting picked. There was a point within our random testing where I was picked nine times in a row.

Here's the math:

0.4 (P of getting picked) raised to the 9th power ~ 0.026% probability or 1/4000 chance. At the time of the streak, my age ranged from 29-31 with longish hair...profiling anyone? :)

I don’t even know you and I would drug test you if I could.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It does though
they’re using a legal grey area here to sell actual cannabis in all 50 states even at major retailers. Was Sativa also kind of a legal grey area or was it straight up misuse like bath salts/duster?

Reaction Score
Love the idea of this.

As a daily smoker with a medical card in CT, I really wish they provided some lower THC options. I miss being able to smoke a whole joint and not being totally messed up.

Roll a smaller joint.

Incidentally, my 70 year old mother smoked a joint at my brother's place a year or so ago. Not realizing that today's weed is exponentially stronger than the stuff she smoked in the 60s, she took it down to the filter. To call it a traumatic experience would be an understatement. Hilarious though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom