Candace Parker | The Boneyard

Candace Parker

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow! Sparks should've traded her before she became a free agent. Well maybe this is the beginning of dismantling their roster. Definitely some older players and their window of opportunity is closing, need some roster turnover.

Will be interesting to see what this does for the Sky.

Reaction Score
I wonder if this means that Liz Cambage will consider signing with the Sparks. LA seemed to be her most desired destination a couple of years ago but they already had a loaded front court at the time.

Reaction Score
Nice move! Sad to see CP leave the Sparks. That is really tough to put into words. Like Magic Johnson leaving the Lakers to go play for the Pistons. But good for CP to be back in front of the home crowd and back in the Midwest!!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I wonder if this means that Liz Cambage will consider signing with the Sparks. LA seemed to be her most desired destination a couple of years ago but they already had a loaded front court at the time.

Vegas designated her a "core player" so they hold negotiation rights to Liz. With new ownership (Mark Davis) Cambage isn't going anywhere.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, as one Parker comes in the door, looks like another one will go out the door...and benefit.
Cheyenne Parker had an excellent season last season and thought she was a "must sign" for the Sky until Candace signed up. This would be a great pick-up for a team in need for a power forward...LA?
(This is cut and pasted from the ESPNw article).

Cheyenne Parker​

Chicago Sky
Forward/center
Unrestricted

Projected WARP:

The top-rated player on this list who has never been a WNBA All-Star, Parker is coming off a breakthrough 2020 campaign that saw her average 13.4 PPG and 6.4 RPG while shooting 55% from the field. Her .651 TS% ranked fourth in the WNBA. While that was a new level of performance, Parker has typically been a strong finisher and is in her prime, so she figures to remain valuable moving forward.

Reaction Score
I like Candace Parker much more than some on this board and feel she is truly one of the all time greats. She had a superb year last season and it seems like she has some left in the tank if her health holds.

Chicago has some interesting pieces and while I get she's going "home" I am unsure if the Sky are the best fit. Regardless, I hope she is happy and successful.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow this would be a huge pickup for the Sky. If Deshields can come back healthy this year and live up to expectations, they'll be really good with her, Parker, and Sloot. Parker is unselfish but I could see it being an adjustment moving to an off ball position since I think Sloot will still be the top facilitator. I'm not sure they can compete with Washington or Seattle but they'll likely move into that next tier of being the #3 or #4 best team in the league.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, as one Parker comes in the door, looks like another one will go out the door...and benefit.
Cheyenne Parker had an excellent season last season and thought she was a "must sign" for the Sky until Candace signed up. This would be a great pick-up for a team in need for a power forward...LA?
(This is cut and pasted from the ESPNw article).

Cheyenne Parker​

Chicago Sky
Forward/center
Unrestricted

Projected WARP:

The top-rated player on this list who has never been a WNBA All-Star, Parker is coming off a breakthrough 2020 campaign that saw her average 13.4 PPG and 6.4 RPG while shooting 55% from the field. Her .651 TS% ranked fourth in the WNBA. While that was a new level of performance, Parker has typically been a strong finisher and is in her prime, so she figures to remain valuable moving forward.

You do know where she went to school and what conference she played in right? For 3 years. I'll give you a hint... their primary color is purple.... and the mascot is a mighty panther @Plebe

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
You do know where she went to school and what conference she played in right? For 3 years. I'll give you a hint... their primary color is purple.... and the mascot is a mighty panther @Plebe
How many NCAA tournament wins did she lead them to?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many NCAA tournament wins did she lead them to?

james evANS.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom