Can we go back to the old Husky logo now? | The Boneyard

Can we go back to the old Husky logo now?

Reaction Score
Not just for the nostalgia, but I don’t think the new logo really grew on the fan base. I think they just accepted it because they had to. I now associate this new logo with the AAC since it was debuted right before our first year as a member of the AAC. I think one of the reasons the school decided to change the logo at the time was to coincide with the new era of UConn athletics in a new conference. Now that we are back in the Big East, maybe it would be a good idea to go back to the old Husky logo that became famous during the time we dominated that conference.

Reaction Score
Not just for the nostalgia, but I don’t think the new logo really grew on the fan base. I think they just accepted it because they had to. I now associate this new logo with the AAC since it was debuted right before our first year as a member of the AAC. I think one of the reasons the school decided to change the logo at the time was to coincide with the new era of UConn athletics in a new conference. Now that we are back in the Big East, maybe it would be a good idea to go back to the old Husky logo that became famous during the time we dominated that conference.
That was Nike's call. They rebranded a number of schools at that time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ugh, this again? We might as well go all in on the musket husky.

Reaction Score
Who cares what logo they use or what uniforms they wear? Honestly, after most basketball or football games I attended, if you asked me to describe what they were wearing. I couldn't. But then again I go to watch the games. Not a fashion show If they play well and win, they could wear Tarzan loin cloths for all I care.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Let’s sign a shoe deal with Converse.

I still can't believe we had aeropostale at one point.

ChoYvBlVIAEtCy1.jpg

Reaction Score
Perhaps the '99 ntl champs t-shirt will finally be re-issued!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That was Nike's call. They rebranded a number of schools at that time.
We approved it. I remember Herbst talking about how there white huskies weren't a thing, which was just idiotic. I'd love to see a rebrand in a year or two back to a white husky logo, similar to what we have now. A few people on the board made some up that were attractive.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, ok, lets change again so I can spend another fortune on a new UConn wardrobe

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I like the new logo better than the 00s Husky. There. I said it.
I do too, it’s so much more aggressive. I do think we should bring back happy husky on occasion though. Put it at center court for the providence or st johns game at gampel or something.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom