Can The Current CFB Tumult Present Opportunity For A New Big East FB Conference? | The Boneyard

Can The Current CFB Tumult Present Opportunity For A New Big East FB Conference?

Reaction Score
With the American and the Sunbelt and (potentially) the MWC announcing an expansion agenda, could the NBE look to sponsor football?

Presently, the NBE has Georgetown, Villanova, Butler, and UConn who spend on football (either FCS or FBS). As has been stated, the spending on the FCS level is still a healthy investment.

What if a conference like CUSA is left mortally wounded when the AAC and the Sunbelt take from them? Or, if the AAC takes from the MWC (who takes from CUSA)? And, after all that, what if CUSA still splits?

Can the NBE step in and announce intentions to bring Georgetown, Villanova, and Butler to FBS; and partner with the leftovers of CUSA?

A conference consisting of UConn, UMass, Villanova, Georgetown, Butler, FIU, MTSU, and WKU, is probably a dream scenario for David Benedict.

Then just dig that old Big East football logo out of the trash, even if you have to buy it from Mike Aresco.

The Zombie Western Athletic Conference is doing just that. The NBE should contact them and discuss logistics.

It's not P5 but neither is NBE hoops.

Attachments

• 21d74d35bfa8b43d1f4687bebf09e5ed.png
    21d74d35bfa8b43d1f4687bebf09e5ed.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 109
Reaction Score
Shhhh !!

I don't want the Tobacco Road crowd getting wind of this.

Next thing, someone will be promoting basketball only (or non football) divisions in the ACC...add UConn, Memphis and WVU and voila..

ACC North

UConn, Syracuse, Boston College , Pitt, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville

ACC South

UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake, Clemson, GT, Miami, FSU, Virginia, Memphis

Reaction Score
Just have Delaware move up and join and you just might have something.

Reaction Score
Shhhh !!

Next thing, someone will be promoting basketball only (or non football) divisions in the ACC...add UConn, Memphis and WVU and voila..

ACC North

UConn, Syracuse, Boston College , Pitt, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville

ACC South

So …. Old ACC vs new ACC??

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
And here I thought someone was predicting a return to more regional football conferences or the southern half of the ACC defecting to the SEC. Nope, even more ridiculous delusions.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shhhh !!
or

ACC North

ACC South

After Clemson and FSU go to the SEC and the B1G nabs UNC and either UVA or VaTech while dumping Rutty and MD, you're looking at:

North: UConn, Cuse, BC, Pitt, ND, WVU, Rutgers, MD
South: L'ville, Duke, NC State, Wake, GT, Miami, UVA/VaTech, Memphis/USF/Coastal

And then you wake up to reality.

Reaction Score
After Clemson and FSU go to the SEC and the B1G nabs UNC and either UVA or VaTech while dumping Rutty and MD, you're looking at:

North: UConn, Cuse, BC, Pitt, ND, WVU, Rutgers, MD
South: L'ville, Duke, NC State, Wake, GT, Miami, UVA/VaTech, Memphis/USF/Coastal

And then you wake up to reality.

From your lips to God's ear...

But I don't see, in 2035 or so, Clemson and FSU being asked to join the SEC.

Reaction Score
Zissou is going to work on this once he's done with the B10 Alliance.

Reaction Score
Zissou is going to work on this once he's done with the B10 Alliance.
Even I have to draw the line somewhere, and it’s here.

Scenarios for UConn to consider for its football have to be better than its current position as independent with a attractive FBS major schedule. Why consider a path that isn’t an improvement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom