Can Kansas's Nightmare Scholarship Situation Convince Anyone to Change the Rules of Recruiting? | The Boneyard

Can Kansas's Nightmare Scholarship Situation Convince Anyone to Change the Rules of Recruiting?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This reminds me of the wacky idea I dreamed up over the winter. To help bring a little more up and down mobility to FBS teams, we could give the option to the bottom 1/4 to have 5 extra scholarships based on some formula. And/or full exception on two or three players from the sit a year for non grad transfers rule.

Two areas that be tinkered with to help the doormats.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

So the talk is to change the rule to 35 kids per year, but with a 2 year cap at 50. Well that is better than what we have now...but they also need to address the problem with kids signing up and then never coming on campus. Kids that sign and never arrive (or stay physically on campus less than perhaps 6 weeks) should not count against the cap as well.

Reaction Score
No I don’t care about Kansas or any other school. That’s their problem we have enough problems of our own. When did @ny other school care about UConns problem?

Reaction Score
No I don’t care about Kansas or any other school. That’s their problem we have enough problems of our own. When did @ny other school care about UConns problem?
Most love pointing out our problems

Reaction Score

So Nell, you’ve resorted to wandering around the BY bumping threads from August?

Reaction Score
So Nell, you’ve resorted to wandering around the BY bumping threads from August?

Would you feel bad if I told you that I had a heart attack middle of Aug and spent some time in hospital?

Reaction Score
Would you feel bad if I told you that I had a heart attack middle of Aug and spent some time in hospital?

Nell @ 92y/o you can do whatever makes you happy and thrive.

... just thought it was strange that you were responding to threads in the beginning of October from mid-August.

Reaction Score
Nell @ 92y/o you can do whatever makes you happy and thrive.

... just thought it was strange that you were responding to threads in the beginning of October from mid-August.
Yes it is and I’m only 84. Can’t wait till I’m 92 and see what foolish things I’ll post. Maybe I should start a list now so I won’t forget.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the wacky idea I dreamed up over the winter. To help bring a little more up and down mobility to FBS teams, we could give the option to the bottom 1/4 to have 5 extra scholarships based on some formula. And/or full exception on two or three players from the sit a year for non grad transfers rule.

Two areas that be tinkered with to help the doormats.

giving a team a reason to lose a game is a bad idea. Giving several teams a reason to lose is even worse.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom