Can’t believe anyone ever doubted whether we hired the right guy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Can’t believe anyone ever doubted whether we hired the right guy

Reaction Score
I was younger and more emotional about loses back then. My frustration peaked after this game. There may have been other games where I was equally upset, but never more upset. Couldn't believe what I just watched.

I'm actually pretty content about our recent stretch of national irrelevance. It's allowed me to dial back some of the emotion. I'm a much more composed fan.
Same here. Freshman in college. Utterly brutal.

There have been games that the loss has stung me longer for a variety of reasons (George Mason, Maryland, Mississippi State, NC State), but the shock of this visceral response to this one was, in retrospect, pretty embarrassing. I'm still not sure I'm over it.

Reaction Score
I think any criticism of Hurley's in game management is completely subjective at this point. There is not enough evidence to show he is clearly above average, and there is no evidence (as far as I'm concerned) that he is below average.

I think where he has excelled where KO failed tremendously, is on game prep. Which I think matters more than in game adjustments.
Also, in recruiting as he is bringing in top recruits. KO was stretching to bring in just adequate players though he does get some props for IW, Tyler Phommachanh and JC. I still can't believe he thought DO, or KW was any good though. LOL!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DH has proven he can recruit at a high level and it is impressive. He ranks up there with the best in the business
He has installed a very defensive work theory that has reaped results so far this season. He needs a lot of work on game management Still waiting to see an effective offensive system/strategy
When UConn starts making the NBE semi finals and the Dance on a consistent basis then he will get the accolades that he deserves
So far so good
Not disappointed with the hire but let’s see the consistent production on the court before we give him a crown and throne. There’s little doubt he can do it but let’s give him and the staff some time

Reaction Score
DH has proven he can recruit at a high level and it is impressive. He ranks up there with the best in the business
He has installed a very defensive work theory that has reaped results so far this season. He needs a lot of work on game management Still waiting to see an effective offensive system/strategy
When UConn starts making the NBE semi finals and the Dance on a consistent basis then he will get the accolades that he deserves
So far so good
Not disappointed with the hire but let’s see the consistent production on the court before we give him a crown and throne. There’s little doubt he can do it but let’s give him and the staff some time
I did like that he cleared out the lane so Martin could go one on one at the end of the Depaul game. That was a great call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom