Cambage on why she was resting 2 games, plus what was really going on during All Star break | The Boneyard

Cambage on why she was resting 2 games, plus what was really going on during All Star break

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow. That's quite a letter.

I went to a concert this week, the singer had taken nearly a 7 year hiatus from recording and touring due to anxiety and depression. All of her new songs reflect that, and she talked about it off and on between songs. It was the most emotionally raw, open and honest performance I've ever seen.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
This was incredibly powerful - thank you so much for sharing this. I've said repeatedly in various threads that the league needs to work benefits coverage for year-round mental and behavioral health treatment into their next CBA, and Cambage's story is just more proof of this.

I really don't think the average fan appreciates how hard it is to live a semi-permanent itinerant lifestyle of three-month gigs all over the world, with almost no continuity of face-to-face relationships. That will be hard if everything else in your life is going well, let alone when life happens and you're also in the spotlight while you're freefalling.

Hats off to Cambage for having the courage to share this, and a reminder to all us fans to remember that the players we both love and loathe are first and foremost human beings just like us.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting that, j66. I’d heard about it, but reading it is something entirely different.

Reaction Score
What a beautifully written, wonderfully poignant, and personally courageous essay.

OK, Liz. We understand now. And we're rooting for you. Every day. We're with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom