2022 Recruiting: - Cam Whitmore | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Cam Whitmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
6'7 210lbs. Really athletic. Shooter (though I can't find %s). Physical, strong. Seems to play through contact.

Injured his freshman year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have his stock increase. That's a player profile a lot of schools are interested in.

Seems like he has a relatively limited handle but he has freedom to create at his school at least. A few pretty nice reads for outlet passes in the video. Not much in the half court.

I'd imagine he would play the in college barring some skill development.. which is obviously likely.

Maryland, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Florida, V Tech, Creighton, LSU and the UConn offer now. Definitely a talent higher than the 116 ranking or whatever it was on 247. Only scored 15ppg on a middle of the road team, so maybe not a 5* type guy quite yet, but has the profile to really blow up potentially.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"Whitmore’s goals were blessed by former Spalding star and current NBA veteran Rudy Gay, who murmured, “Good luck” to the first-year varsity player after the game."

Reaction Score

Averaged

15.0 pts
10.6 REB
2.8 blocks
2.3 steals

This website has him rated #1 in the DMV for 2022s, higher natioanlly than Favour Aire (#90) and Rodney Rice (#70), Dug Mcdaniel (#56), Tyrell Ward (#110). These local sites are often more accurate than nationally IMO. But they have Mcdaniel and #5 which doesn't seem right to me.
DMV 2022 PLAYER RANKINGS

Mid-season and full-season highlights. Pretty sure that hudl is accessible without an account. Might be ads though?

Mid-Season Highlights
Sophomore Highlights

Definitely a superior athlete. Putting down a reverse alley-oop on a bad pass is no joke. Great body control for a 2022 with insane hops.

. He'll be a great transition and straight line finisher in college. No counter at the moment... but at 6'7 220+ by the time he gets to college, he can figure that out later lol. Just bully people.

Shot is definitely not broken. But I'm not sure he shoots much right now. Could end up good or great off the catch. Doesn't look to be much of a shooter off the dribble yet. Kind of slow getting it off, but I don't think he was a shooter at all until this year.

Prefers jumping off two feet almost exclusively. That's normal, but usually a sign shot-blocking won't translate as well when kids get older. Shotblocking IMO is much more about being able to jump off both or either feet quickly than which hand you use (I know... sacrilege for the Clyde fans on here lol).

No left hand at the rim. Dribble better than I would have thought with his left though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Theyre both wings.
we can start 2 wings, we can start 2 SGs, we can even start 2 PGs. the point is Whitmore wouldnt foreclose getting a guy like gayle or rice or anyone else. you dont need 1 PG 1 SG and 1 SF in the lineup at all times.

Reaction Score
Here is a website that I check regularly for DMV players and events. It’s been light on info because of the lack of playing this summer. Whitmore is listed for 2022 and Hawkins is listed for 2021. B Adams and E Cobb were also listed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Averaged

15.0 pts
10.6 REB
2.8 blocks
2.3 steals

This website has him rated #1 in the DMV for 2022s, higher natioanlly than Favour Aire (#90) and Rodney Rice (#70), Dug Mcdaniel (#56), Tyrell Ward (#110). These local sites are often more accurate than nationally IMO. But they have Mcdaniel and #5 which doesn't seem right to me.
DMV 2022 PLAYER RANKINGS

Mid-season and full-season highlights. Pretty sure that hudl is accessible without an account. Might be ads though?

Mid-Season Highlights
Sophomore Highlights

Definitely a superior athlete. Putting down a reverse alley-oop on a bad pass is no joke. Great body control for a 2022 with insane hops.

. He'll be a great transition and straight line finisher in college. No counter at the moment... but at 6'7 220+ by the time he gets to college, he can figure that out later lol. Just bully people.

Shot is definitely not broken. But I'm not sure he shoots much right now. Could end up good or great off the catch. Doesn't look to be much of a shooter off the dribble yet. Kind of slow getting it off, but I don't think he was a shooter at all until this year.

Prefers jumping off two feet almost exclusively. That's normal, but usually a sign shot-blocking won't translate as well when kids get older. Shotblocking IMO is much more about being able to jump off both or either feet quickly than which hand you use (I know... sacrilege for the Clyde fans on here lol).

No left hand at the rim. Dribble better than I would have thought with his left though.

6'7" 220lbs. Big hops, tough attitude. Almost sounds like...….....Kevin Freeman???

Reaction Score
6'7" 220lbs. Big hops, tough attitude. Almost sounds like...….....Kevin Freeman???

Yeaaaaaa this 16 year old can already dribble and shoot better than freeman :) I say that with love, freeman was a banger. But I guess they can see eye to eye literally, so that's good

Reaction Score
2482B0F9-2535-4E45-B5DE-3C0CBA7B71F9.jpeg

C

Chief00

Rudy is a UConn guy to the core. Always putting in a good word to the young ballers, when accidentally running into guys. Rudy is especially respected in the “M” part of DMV.
Once Kevin develops his connections, from what Chief’s seen, he will be a natural recruiter.

C

Chief00

Averaged

15.0 pts
10.6 REB
2.8 blocks
2.3 steals

DMV 2022 PLAYER RANKINGS

Mid-Season Highlights
Sophomore Highlights

Thanks for your Clyde reference. Still processing the block on Tatum, given the moment that was one of the best blocks Chief has seen. Tatum went very strong to the basket and elevated so he did his job. It was simply a great play. Respect.

Reaction Score
Thanks for your Clyde reference. Still processing the block on Tatum, given the moment that was one of the best blocks Chief has seen. Tatum went very strong to the basket and elevated so he did his job. It was simply a great play. Respect.

I said the same thing when I watched it; probably the best block I have ever seen in my life, given the situation. Tatum had a ton of momentum and was coming down with the ball in the cylinder. Takes incredible strength to deny that. I'm a Celtics fan, but just had to tip my cap.

Reaction Score
Looks like Cam has the body/frame to add some muscle in the future..With our Strength Program.. Could be a real asset to our roster.. Reminds me of KFree with some ball handling skills.. Might evolve into a Plan A prospect.. Great to know that Rudy is in his ear..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom