OT: Cam Newton to the Pats. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton to the Pats.

Reaction Score
And done a better job scouting WRs in college.

Their WR situation is malpractice. There are so many good young wide receivers tearing up the NFL that they passed on to take guys who look like bums. Belichick can never hear that enough as far as I'm concerned.

I had a work thing to prepare for this morning so I didn't watch any football yesterday. Based on the box score it looks like they got mollywhopped and may, in fact, stink. Maybe they don't. Who knows. We'll see what happens. They won 6 super bowls since I graduated from college, and I'm not that old. They can suck for a while and I won't lose sleep over it.

I will say that, having read Jeff Benedict's The Dynasty, it's a little entertaining to think about how furious what Tampa Bay is doing is probably making Belichick.

Reaction Score
Chairman Colin Kaepernick should have a future in politics.

Hope Belichick enjoys the reality of karma. Double birdieing the world while wearing 8 Super Bowl rings doesn't get a person too far. Belichick is a master at defense. That's about it.

Reaction Score
Speaking of money, is anyone really surprised that Cam is a diva. Any kid who grows-up in an environment where is Dad sells/donates his college rights for what, $100K, and then somehow gets away with it is more likely than not going to have some ego issues.

Part II of speaking of money. If head shots and concussions are costing the NFL money, they get banned. When there are no fans in the stands and teams are struggling to stay in the field week-to-week, its much less important. Case in point...

If Bostic is not suspended for multiple games, the NFL should just hang-up its attempt and player safety and just start writing big checks to the lawyers now.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Newton was a fine gamble and frankly he looked really good before covid hit. But it was never going to be passing like Brady. It was going to be more about using his legs to crate other opportunities as well.

My question is how are the pats not running everyone over anyway? They have one of the deepest rb stables in the nfl and a good OL

Reaction Score
Speaking of money, is anuone really surprised that Cam is a diva. Any kid who grows-up in an environment where is Dad sells/donates his college rights for what, $100K, and then somehow gets away with it is more likely than not going to have some ego issues.

I don't think Cam being a "diva" is much of a story this year. It certainly has nothing to do with them stinking.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don’t think it really matters who the Patriots have at quarterback right now - they’re just not good.

Reaction Score
All these people talking about the Pats needing a QB like we don't know the Jets are gonna move on from Darnold and he'll lead the Pats to the playoffs for the next 15 years

Reaction Score
Now everyone knows Belichick is a lousy GM. Most of the All-Dynasty Team skill players on offense were free agents, with Brady as the draw.

Belichick is probably too arrogant to think karma is real or matters.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Newton was a fine gamble and frankly he looked really good before covid hit. But it was never going to be passing like Brady. It was going to be more about using his legs to crate other opportunities as well.

My question is how are the pats not running everyone over anyway? They have one of the deepest rb stables in the nfl and a good OL

Against Denver they were missing 3 starters on OL. Then a backup RT got hurt. Plus the starting RT had opted out with COVID. So that was 4th stringer. Cam isn’t making good decisions or quick enough decisions. He knows it. Staff knows it. Edelman is broken. Michel is hurt. Harris is now hurt. There is no speed on offense except Byrd and the rookie TEs.

The bigger concern is the defense. With Uche out hurt, there is no speed at LB. Those oversized LBs Bill likes are getting torched. They can’t get to the edge. Even when they get a pass rush, the DL is slow enough that QBs just run away from them.

Need speed on both sides of the ball. I think Dugger and Uche were steps in the right direction.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Against Denver they were missing 3 starters on OL. Then a backup RT got hurt. Plus the starting RT had opted out with COVID. So that was 4th stringer. Cam isn’t making good decisions or quick enough decisions. He knows it. Staff knows it. Edelman is broken. Michel is hurt. Harris is now hurt. There is no speed on offense except Byrd and the rookie TEs.

The bigger concern is the defense. With Uche out hurt, there is no speed at LB. Those oversized LBs Bill likes are getting torched. They can’t get to the edge. Even when they get a pass rush, the DL is slow enough that QBs just run away from them.

Need speed on both sides of the ball. I think Dugger and Uche were steps in the right direction.

I thought winovich was a great pick for the pats, hasn’t worked out?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I thought winovich was a great pick for the pats, hasn’t worked out?

He looked good at times. Isn’t seeing much time now. I think he’s a good small, fast DE in a 4-3. I don’t think he’s an OLB in the modern NFL. Curious to see if his snap count is back up tomorrow. Also very interested in the trade deadline Tuesday.

Reaction Score
That was a terrible turnover by Cam. In the past that was a Bills kind of blunder.

Reaction Score
In 124 games without Tom Brady, Belichick has a .460 win % and made the playoffs once going 1-1.
In 127 games as a head coach, Rex Ryan had a .480 win % and was 4-2 in the postseason.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wonder why Rex didn't get the Bucs job.

Reaction Score
I wonder why Rex didn't get the Bucs job.

You don't think there's anything worth discussing on Belichick being below .500 in the equivalent of almost 8 full seasons of games?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You don't think there's anything worth discussing on Belichick being below .500 in the equivalent of almost 8 full seasons of games?
Why? He took the Browns to the playoffs. And then he took over what, a 1 win team? It's like judging Lombardi based on what he did with the Redskins.

Reaction Score
Honestly wouldnt be the worst thing for the Pats to have a rebuild. Its not Belichicks fault that Cam fumbled the ball at the end or that he can't throw. The WR, and TE lack of talent on roster is on Bill.

Reaction Score
Why? He took the Browns to the playoffs. And then he took over what, a 1 win team? It's like judging Lombardi based on what he did with the Redskins.

Really? Vince Lombardi coached the Redskins for 7 games. This is an equivalent to 8 seasons of football. I mean....you're allowed to stick your head in the sand, I guess but...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Really? Vince Lombardi coached the Redskins for 7 games. This is an equivalent to 8 seasons of football. I mean....you're allowed to stick your head in the sand, I guess but...
Are you saying the BB isn't the GOAT because he lost games in the early years of his tenure?

Reaction Score
Are you saying the BB isn't the GOAT because he lost games in the early years of his tenure?

Nope. I'm saying that maybe, just maybe, it really was Brady that was the reason they won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom