OT: Cam Newton to the Pats. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton to the Pats.

Reaction Score

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I would’ve gone with Winston. I think he’s underrated at this point.

But BB will maximize cams talent in the offense.

They will change the offense like they always have to fit the personnel.

Reaction Score
Damm, your getting deepster's blood boiling again. Anything Patriots and he's ready to pounce. Closet patriot fan???

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Written on Boston.com. A fair and objective viewpoint.

You really don’t have any choice but to love it right now. The first time he throws a diva hissy fit or plays “me” first, you’ll toss him out of a moving car onto 495.
Pretty sure there was never a claim in the article or in my post of being "fair and objective". That was sort of the point.

Reaction Score
Damm, your getting deepster's blood boiling again. Anything Patriots and he's ready to pounce. Closet patriot fan???
Frustrated Jets fan. They haven’t won anything since he was in diapers.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Frustrated Jets fan. They haven’t won anything since he was in diapers.

At least you have the testeverde helmet play as a cultural reference, although I think jt barrett May have stolen that since testeverde was closer than barrett.

So yea, you got nothing now lol

Reaction Score
Cam's 'interview' with the Onion....:cool:

"FOXBOROUGH, MA—Hurriedly trying to organize the dozens of boxes from around the league ahead of his preseason season debut, Cam Newton told reporters Thursday that he was scrambling to get up to speed after the New England Patriots sent him a playbook of every NFL team. “This is thousands of pages, it’s going to take forever to read—and I haven’t even started watching all the security footage of teams practicing yet,” said Newton, expressing relief that he was able to rush through all the offenses from Sean McVay’s coaching tree, only to get bogged down by the 49ers tricky defensive scheme. “I’ve gotten formation photos, radio frequencies for headsets, and some of these coaches’ playbooks that go back as far as the ’90s. I thought I’d be able to breeze through the NFC South, but they actually have Panthers plays in here that I’ve never seen before. Oh, God, I’m gonna be up all night.” At press time, Newton had finally finished reading all the playbooks and had moved onto the team’s list of psychological profiles on every NFL quarterback. "

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Well, they've made it easy with their actions over the last year or so. You know, starting with Bobby Kraft getting a handjob at an Asian rub and tug.
Rather my owner get a handjob than my owner doing a bagjob.

Reaction Score
Rather my owner get a handjob than my owner doing a bagjob.

Criticize away. But who really cares about the owner? The Jets have a horrible owner but if I started trying to make hay about that; wouldn't you say "What's that got to do with me?"

Reaction Score
No! I do care. And as a Jets fan, the thought of him being forced out as owner along with the Mets being sold? I hope it's all true.
Hey, can we get James Dolan in on this deal ?

Reaction Score
Long term they were better off giving stidham a shot. But newton has enough talent with that defense to still be a contender, if he stays healthy.

People complained about the pats weapons, did you see what newton dragged to the super bowl?
Personally, I was glad that he decided to move on and was looking forward to seeing what Stidham can do. I don't know why that's such a hard idea for a troll to accept.
My take:
Absolutely worth the gamble for the price. Cam has been a dual threat guy who wasn't always super dangerous in the pocket. I dont know how much running he has left or that NE plans to do with him, but I think his best football is behind him. That said he could be healthy and do better now.
The thing is, you know the Pats will win the division again.
I was never a big Cam fan but I have a feeling this will work out rather nicely for the Pats (based on the fact that CM is healthy and stays that way)
The guy is a freak athlete and brings a very physical presence to the offense at a position that was basically all brains and finesse - It will be great for short yardage situations.
A different look will be refreshing but if I were a Pats fan I would have liked to have TB back
Bill B will reign Cam in to the Pats way or Cam will have a very short stint
It is worth the shot

Well, this one hasn't aged well.

Reaction Score
My fantasy team went-up against a family member who has Cam as her starting QB. I had Herbert. I think it was great! :D

Reaction Score
Edelman seems to be in disbelief that Belichick could be so stupid with Brady.

Belichick is really about himself as an executive. And he generally sucks as one. Going to be a while before New England has a decent QB again, unless the Packers trade Rodgers to New England.

That was a nice run. Should have kept Brady for his whole career. And done a better job scouting WRs in college.

Reaction Score
Edelman seems to be in disbelief that Belichick could be so stupid with Brady.

Belichick is really about himself as an executive. And he generally sucks as one. Going to be a while before New England has a decent QB again, unless the Packers trade Rodgers to New England.

That was a nice run. Should have kept Brady for his whole career. And done a better job scouting WRs in college.

Thank you for saying what all non Pats fans clearly see. Sign Brady to a 2 year deal. Pay him what he’s worth. If it’s a farewell tour? Fine. The Yankees did it for jeter and this season is now turning into a disaster instead.

Reaction Score
Robert Kraft would have been fine with a farewell tour. Best way to phase out of a dynasty rather than a straight up crash and burn.

I expect books to be written about Belichick's psychology.

Reaction Score
To put things in perspective, the Texans trading De'Andre Hopkins to the Cardinals was the SECOND dumbest offseason move. The Texans still have a QB. Gotta be happy for Buccaneers fans, I guess. Worst all-time winning record; all of the sudden get one of the best modern QBs leading their team. The team even made sure to make the jerseys don't make Brady look like a clown in a weird jersey.

We had people talking about signing Newton to a 20-30 mil a year deal over at the Patriots' fans message board. This will go down as a dumb loss for the Patriots, the way Brady is playing right now. He's clearly still capable. He knows how to throw the ball. Newton doesn't.

Brady most definitely could have helped the Chargers with marketing their franchise. Herbert should do fine but Brady would have won over more.

Reaction Score
There's a thing called the internet. Upon simple research, one can find Cam Newton has 3 winning seasons, culminating with running a circle around his own fumble during a Super Bowl while smiling, and 5 losing seasons. He's probably going to remain unsigned after this season. Patriots could have done better by signing Kaepernick.

Never felt comfortable with his diva attitude. At least Antonio Brown is a warrior.

Reaction Score
He's probably going to remain unsigned after this season. Patriots could have done better by signing Kaepernick.

Never felt comfortable with his diva attitude. At least Antonio Brown is a warrior.

Kaepernick is never playing in the NFL again. The NFL is about making money and Kaepernick costs the NFL money.

Speaking of money, is anuone really surprised that Cam is a diva. Any kid who grows-up in an environment where is Dad sells/donates his college rights for what, $100K, and then somehow gets away with it is more likely than not going to have some ego issues.

Reaction Score
We had people talking about signing Newton to a 20-30 mil a year deal over at the Patriots' fans message board. This will go down as a dumb loss for the Patriots, the way Brady is playing right now. He's clearly still capable. He knows how to throw the ball. Newton doesn't.

Yeah, I'd say he's still capable.

Here's Brady vs the 3 NE QB's so far:

CmpAttCmp%YdsTDInt
Brady17626865.71910184
NE11618064.41261311

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members