OT: Cam Newton tests positive for COVID | The Boneyard

OT: Cam Newton tests positive for COVID

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Remember back in July when everyone was talking about how badly MLB was screwing up Covid protocols?

Looks like MLB will finish its seasons and playoffs on time. Is everyone still supremely confident that the NFL will do the same?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Remember back in July when everyone was talking about how badly MLB was screwing up Covid protocols?

Looks like MLB will finish its seasons and playoffs on time. Is everyone still supremely confident that the NFL will do the same?
As someone who has 4 Steelers and Titans on his fantasy team I’m not super happy with the NFLs handling of Covid19

Reaction Score
I would say this, the Titans and Steelers situation, followed this closely by Cam Newton's diagnosis surely raises a lot of alarms in terms of what will happen this season. Reshuffling the Titans/Steelers game was pretty clean, but if a handful of teams now get cases like the Pats have now? It could become a logistical nightmare trying to patch the makeups together.

Reaction Score
Wow the game changing reports everyone was concerned about begins here. I was going to say this is Stidhams chance but Hoyer looks to be 2nd.

Reaction Score
I have to think they pull the Pats game this week. Looks like they were scheduled to fly to KC at 1 pm and that flight has been put on hold while they await advice from the NFL.

Reaction Score
Game pushed to Monday or Tuesday. For now.

Reaction Score
The NFL should announce a later start to the playoffs and allow for a 1-2 week window to finish the regular season. Pittsburgh, to no fault of their own, went from a Week 8 Bye to Week 4. Just add that window.

Reaction Score
The NFL should announce a later start to the playoffs and allow for a 1-2 week window to finish the regular season. Pittsburgh, to no fault of their own, went from a Week 8 Bye to Week 4. Just add that window.

They're going to have to do something like that. They got lucky on the resched of Ten/Pit.

Reaction Score
You can also get rid of the bye between the conference championships and the super bowl and just start the playoffs a week later.

Reaction Score
When they put out the schedule I believe they said that they built in contingencies to extend the regular season 4 weeks later than planned. Of course i might be making that up but I thought that was mentioned.

Reaction Score
When they put out the schedule I believe they said that they built in contingencies to extend the regular season 4 weeks later than planned. Of course i might be making that up but I thought that was mentioned.
They built in contingencies but we're basically past them all at this point. All Week 2 teams had the same byes in case those games were delayed, and no division matchups in weeks 3 and 4 in case they had to be cancelled

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder how the college basketball season will unfold.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Well I hope he is okay and has no lasting effects of Covid such as Eduardo Rodriguez. Looks like the Pats will play next week but Cam will have to quarantine. Someone asked how the basketball season will unfold. I don't know but I am happy we will have a full complement of scholarship players. We may need them all.

Reaction Score

I am not surprised in the least. I dont even know how they were able to start on time which i didnt think was going to happen. I dont think theyre going to finish the season. I expect a stoppage at some point then possibly a continuation in the spring.

Reaction Score
I am not surprised in the least. I dont even know how they were able to start on time which i didnt think was going to happen. I dont think theyre going to finish the season. I expect a stoppage at some point then possibly a continuation in the spring.

It’s tough to make predictions especially when you predict the future.

Reaction Score
Well I drank the kool aid thinking Stidham was going to be a good qb. If he can’t beat out Hoyer he must suck too.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Cam would be the only one on the pats to fail. He definitely wasn't following the protocol

Reaction Score
Right. As shown by the picture from him at a mall last week with his mask pulled down.

Reaction Score
Time for the haters to put the "Tom Brady system QB" talk to rest. That was BRUTAL by Hoyer and Stid.

Reaction Score
Time for the haters to put the "Tom Brady system QB" talk to rest. That was BRUTAL by Hoyer and Stid.
Dropped interceptions, Wynn on the oline got beat like a drum all night, Edelman big drop.
I agree, both hover and stid didn't look too great and neither are an answer but as bad as they were, they had a lot of help from their teammates.
Pats at full strength with Cam can definitely beats Chiefs. Not easy but absolutely more than possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom