CAHUSKY is officially a UCONN alumnus! | The Boneyard

CAHUSKY is officially a UCONN alumnus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
22 years ago a drunken, irresponsible CAHUSKY left the University of Connecticut campus 9 units shorts of a degree in political science. I figured I would save the expense of travel back to UCONN, housing, out of state tuition, etc. etc and just take the final 9 units somewhere closer to home. Id already completed all the course work in my major so the 9 units could pretty much come from anywhere. Well........after traveling the world and being a ski bum for a number of years I finally scored a good job and, for some reason, decided my degree wasn't that important.

Thankfully, a good friend, and fellow UCONN alum living here in Reno, convinced me I was an enormous loser for not finishing my degree and encouraged me to go back to school. Having just received the results of my final exams I'm proud to announce a drunken, somewhat more responsible CAHUSKY is officially a UCONN alumnus. Its going to be nice to officially be able to call UCONN "us" without feeling somewhere deep in my being that i was a fraud. Go Huskies!

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Damn, I can't imagine ever forcing myself to get those last 9 credits haha.

Congrats!

Reaction Score
Good for you, keeping with it. Heck some schools have a 10 year rule. Good job.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
22 years ago a drunken, irresponsible CAHUSKY left the University of Connecticut campus 9 units shorts of a degree in political science. I figured I would save the expense of travel back to UCONN, housing, out of state tuition, etc. etc and just take the final 9 units somewhere closer to home. Id already completed all the course work in my major so the 9 units could pretty much come from anywhere. Well........after traveling the world and being a ski bum for a number of years I finally scored a good job and, for some reason, decided my degree wasn't that important.

Thankfully, a good friend, and fellow UCONN alum living here in Reno, convinced me I was an enormous loser for not finishing my degree and encouraged me to go back to school. Having just received the results of my final exams I'm proud to announce a drunken, somewhat more responsible CAHUSKY is officially a UCONN alumnus. Its going to be nice to officially be able to call UCONN "us" without feeling somewhere deep in my being that i was a fraud. Go Huskies!

About time, if you ask me!

A good and worthy effort! You should be proud.

And please, do not forget to get all drunk and stupid this spring and get arrested, just before the graduation ceremony.... (It sounds as though you denied yourself that experience 22 years back)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Congratulations, but technically you were an alumnus as soon as you left. ;)

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Should we really congratulate you for effectively devaluing the degrees some of us received? :cool:

Seriously, congrats!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Congrats CAhusky
We need more uconn alums
Chuck V still no pubes

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
All I take from this is that some elitist with a degree just called me a fraud.

Absolutely. Im a fancy college graduate and clearly better than you now. My feelings of "fraud" were primarily based on everyone thinking i had graduated from UCONN and my not ever telling them they were wrong.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Congrats! What did you take for the last 9 credits?

Reaction Score

Congrats dude very impressive persistence!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
See? The older you get the more bored you get and degree chasing is fun. Congrats.

So, being a CCSU grad am I a fraud?

#losercahusky

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That is absolutely terrific.

Congratulations.

I'll alert the 860 that there's a newly-minted graduate out west who has escaped 22 years of alumni association phone calls and has now come to Jesus.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
See? The older you get the more bored you get and degree chasing is fun. Congrats.

So, being a CCSU grad am I a fraud?

#losercahusky
Only if all of your friends thought you were a UCONN alum and you played along without ever telling them the truth.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Congratulations. Just curious, where have you skied? Or where haven't you skied?

Reaction Score
Awesome! Huge congratulations!

rolling-rock.gif

Reaction Score

Good job CAHUSKY, like Yogi says, it ain't over 'til it's over. Does this mean you're buying the first round?

Reaction Score
Good for you, keeping with it. Heck some schools have a 10 year rule. Good job.
When I went to UConn in the 70's it was an 8 year rule. My roommate actually had to apply for a waiver because it took him 9 years. However, he switched his major 4 times.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
22 years ago a drunken, irresponsible CAHUSKY left the University of Connecticut campus 9 units shorts of a degree in political science.

Its going to be nice to officially be able to call UCONN "us" without feeling somewhere deep in my being that i was a fraud. Go Huskies!
FWIW CA, I never viewed you as a fraud. I always believed that you were legitimately drunken and irresponsible.

Congrats on finally earning the sheepskin! When do you start post grad work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom