Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Absolutely. Im a fancy college graduate and clearly better than you now. My feelings of "fraud" were primarily based on everyone thinking i had graduated from UCONN and my not ever telling them they were wrong.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
When I went to UConn in the 70's it was an 8 year rule. My roommate actually had to apply for a waiver because it took him 9 years. However, he switched his major 4 times.

A buddy of mine came close to getting tripped up over that....he was a 12th semester undergrad. He claimed seniority over some grad students for class placement, towards the end....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
22 years ago a drunken, irresponsible CAHUSKY left the University of Connecticut campus 9 units shorts of a degree in political science. I figured I would save the expense of travel back to UCONN, housing, out of state tuition, etc. etc and just take the final 9 units somewhere closer to home. Id already completed all the course work in my major so the 9 units could pretty much come from anywhere. Well........after traveling the world and being a ski bum for a number of years I finally scored a good job and, for some reason, decided my degree wasn't that important.

Thankfully, a good friend, and fellow UCONN alum living here in Reno, convinced me I was an enormous loser for not finishing my degree and encouraged me to go back to school. Having just received the results of my final exams I'm proud to announce a drunken, somewhat more responsible CAHUSKY is officially a UCONN alumnus. Its going to be nice to officially be able to call UCONN "us" without feeling somewhere deep in my being that i was a fraud. Go Huskies!
Congratulations!

intlzncster

Reaction Score
A buddy of mine came close to getting tripped up over that....he was a 12th semester undergrad. He claimed seniority over some grad students for class placement, towards the end....

They wanted him the duck out of there.

In other news: that guy was an absolute hero. I have no doubt he had a great six years of college.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What a freaking awesome story. LOL... has to be the first time I heard this... someone going back after 22 years to finish their degree. Congrats.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Great job and congrats on being a UCONN Grad!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Is this about uconn basketball? Relatively new member here just trying to figure out the "rules" of posting topics and such, because you vets are awful crabby whenever a new person has anything to say that you guys weren't about to say.

Congrats to the grad though, just not sure how it concerns uconn men's basketball

Reaction Score
The real story is getting and maintaining a job for that long without a degree!

Congrats!

Reaction Score
Congrats. That is one thing in life that can never be taken from you! A very nice accomplishment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congratulations! That is great that you finished it up!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is this about uconn basketball? Relatively new member here just trying to figure out the "rules" of posting topics and such, because you vets are awful crabby whenever a new person has anything to say that you guys weren't about to say.

Congrats to the grad though, just not sure how it concerns uconn men's basketball
The rules here are no different than anywhere else in life: Say douchy things like this and some of the other things you have posted and people will think you are a .

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
CaHusky just wanted to pay student rates for tickets.
Nah, he was going to apply for the Rutgers basketball head coaching job.

Anyway, better late than never CA!

Reaction Score
The rules here are no different than anywhere else in life: Say douchy things like this and some of the other things you have posted and people will think you are a .

Well elsewhere in life there's freedom of speech, so that's totally different here. Side note: thank you for revealing the fact that is apparently kosher to use here, I will now use it as my go to curse so my posts might make sense now that there won't be so many missing words. And this is not douchey at all, I am quite confident in a jury of unbiased voters, most would consider the original far more douchey

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Well elsewhere in life there's freedom of speech, so that's totally different here. Side note: thank you for revealing the fact that is apparently kosher to use here, I will now use it as my go to curse so my posts might make sense now that there won't be so many missing words. And this is not douchey at all, I am quite confident in a jury of unbiased voters, most would consider the original far more douchey

But this is an inherently biased place! Celebrating the fact they finally finished a degree at UCONN? I doubt you'll find too many people on a CT board that would poo poo that.

And there absolutely is freedom of speech. Nobody is deleting your post. Say what you want, but that same freedom applies to people calling you out if they don't approve of what you post. Which, I'll remind you, is what you did in the first place.

Maybe CA could have stuck an OT in front of his post. But no one's going to care if that got lost in his enthusiasm.

Reaction Score

You think most people would find the original post, about Cahusky graduating from college, douchier than yours? You're on another planet.

Incidentally, you should never use the phrase "freedom of speech" if you don't have any idea what it means.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well elsewhere in life there's freedom of speech, so that's totally different here. ... And this is not douchey at all, I am quite confident in a jury of unbiased voters, most would consider the original far more douchey
CAHUSKY has been around here a long time. He accomplished something that many of us appreciate as something that is not easy under these circumstances, and we appreciate him sharing it here. It's called being a human. Seems to be a bit of disconnect with that concept in whatever generation you're from.

And no, you don't understand what freedom of speech means, either.

Reaction Score
WOW, you guys are all so supreme, like freakin modern day deities. My comment about freedom of speech is regarding the fact that almost all phrases one cant say in pre-school are censored out here automatically. I am intensely amused by the fact that so many of you seem to think that was me complaining about not being able to say anything or having my posts removed... Did I ever say any of that?

hilarious crowd

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
WOW, you guys are all so supreme, like freakin modern day deities. My comment about freedom of speech is regarding the fact that almost all phrases one cant say in pre-school are censored out here automatically. I am intensely amused by the fact that so many of you seem to think that was me complaining about not being able to say anything or having my posts removed... Did I ever say any of that?

hilarious crowd
Just out of curiosity, what phrases have been censored here? Obviously if they are censored, you can't say them directly, but give me the gist.

I've been posting here for years and I can't recall a single phrase that has been censored (some words, sure, but phrases, not a one). So again, just give me the gist of a phrase that has been censored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom