Buying a mattress online? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Buying a mattress online?

Reaction Score
I want to buy a bed and since stores are all closed I can't try them out and I'm thinking of buying a mattress online.

Anyone have any experience with a mattress in a box or bag. It seems most of them are memory foam mattresses which I'm not sure I'm crazy about because they retain heat. Thinking I want a hybrid.

Looking at Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, and Dreamcloud. Saatva is delivered in it's normal form, the others seem to be boxed.

Any suggestions?

Reaction Score
We're still shopping. Now focusing on Serta's iComfort line. But...Saatva and Helix have an outside shot if we're brave enough to order one w/o laying on one. Will need to nail the specs compared to mattresses we've tried.
I have a Helix and really like it. It’s definitely more firm than we expected though. So you have to be ok with that.

Reaction Score
Feom a driend who’s a mateess salesman, meaning he sells to retailers, is that mattress is 100% contingent on having a supportive box speing.

Reaction Score
I'm also in the market for a new mattress. How do these memory foam mattresses work with the traditional headboard/footboard/boxspring set up?

Reaction Score
Anyone bought an adjustable bed where the base elevates the head and feet? If so, which brand and how long have you had it, and do you like it?

With current shoulder issues, right now I find my recliner more accommodating than the bed because of the adjustability.

I would be glad to replace the current setup on the bed.

I know Serta has stores with models you can try out, but the American Sleep Foundation does not list Serta as one of their recommended brands. They listed Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, Casper and others.

Reaction Score
Anyone bought an adjustable bed where the base elevates the head and feet? If so, which brand and how long have you had it, and do you like it?

With current shoulder issues, right now I find my recliner more accommodating than the bed because of the adjustability.

I would be glad to replace the current setup on the bed.

I know Serta has stores with models you can try out, but the American Sleep Foundation does not list Serta as one of their recommended brands. They listed Saatva, Brooklyn Bedding, Casper and others.

My wife and I just bought a split king tempur pedic with adjustable bases. Was expensive, but we are sleeping much better than before.

Reaction Score
I originally had a Casper original (more firm) and then purchased a Casper Nova Hyrbid (more of a pillow top feeling). The best mattresses I have ever used in my life. They also now have stores and believe they sell them in some bed bath and beyonds to test them out. Never get as good of a night sleep away from home.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We ended up getting a Sealy Posturepedic Silver Chill (a hybrid model) with metal adjustable thing. My wife has shoulder and hip issues and we needed to buy in person after testing.

Was delivered yesterday. Very comfy but the mattress protector gave slippery feel.

@Improviser she liked the head elevated at least 5" as it relieved shoulder pain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We ended up getting a Sealy Posturepedic Silver Chill (a hybrid model) with metal adjustable thing. My wife has shoulder and hip issues and we needed to buy in person after testing.

Was delivered yesterday. Very comfy but the mattress protector gave slippery feel.

@Improviser she liked the head elevated at least 5" as it relieved shoulder pain.
Sounds like a great purchase @Dove.

Elevating the head makes all the difference. If the head is held in an ergonomic position by the setting on the remote, the whole body will be in an even plane.

Best wishes for ongoing restful sleep.

Reaction Score
I bought a Caspar hybrid (springs and foam)....after doing some research, I found that it would best suit a big guy like me who needs support and would also suit my wife who is less than half my weight.

I like a firm, she likes a soft...and we both like the Caspar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom