2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA is about to implode, so we'll see how worried they are about tweets. With that said, it's best to avoid doing it. Limit it to face-to-face conversations that can't be monitored.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You’re right! I didn’t even know this Twitter account existed.

Why the hell would any fan try to recruit a kid, especially knowing that the NCAA, in some fashion has it out for UConn
Cmon folks stop the BS
Leave these kids alone - Good Things will happen because the staff now has a great mojo working
Please don't screw it up

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I saw this yesterday and I thought it was a little creepy, c'mon guys we do not need to be texting recruits. Be better.

No clue who he is but he def holds himself out to be some sort of direct knowledge insider.

Reaction Score
Yeah I've seen his stuff on Twitter multiple times, certainly sells it as if he has some direct knowledge but doesn't list any credentials or claim any sort of title.. I don't know what to think. That tweet about the texting really rubbed me the wrong way though.

Reaction Score
Texting could really just mean DMing. Either way, tighten up the ship bud

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The only thing I do is like if they mention UConn in a commitment. Otherwise I leave the players alone as they have enough going on without some mid 50 year old bothering them

Reaction Score
If anyone is found to be a “booster” which the ncaa can define broadly, it IS a violation. People need to calm down a bit with trying to “help.”

Wait a minute. Lots of "likes" to be had by the first one to post some new info. They'll worry about NCAA violations later.

Reaction Score
The ACC is trading Syracuse and $30 million for UConn?
The B1G is trading Rutgers and $50 million for UConn?

Reaction Score
I’m a huge UConn fan and love when recruiting heats up but fans shouldn’t be texting players and definitely not tweeting about it. That’s a huge violation and one of these days the program will get in trouble for that. Don’t wanna be “that guy” but UConn compliance tweeted about it yesterday so we should calm down with the out reach a bit
100%! As a longtime high school coach who has been lucky to work with a lot of scholarship kids over the years-fans should not be reaching out to high school kids AT ALL. These are 17 year old kids with enough to process already....leave them alone to go through the decision-making process with their families and coaches! Regardless of rules-it’s the right thing to do.

Reaction Score
Dear god we on a recruiting roll here. Long time since I have been checking the Yard every hour giddy like it’s Christmas morning.
I am going to throw it back on Coach Hurley. It would take huge balls for his next tweet to be the entire Rocky movie. I am not sure he has that size of balls. Does he?;)

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I am going to throw it back on Coach Hurley. It would take huge balls for his next tweet to be the entire Rocky movie. I am not sure he has that size of balls. Does he?;)
If he brings in two of Clingan, Johnson, or one of the ‘21 5 stars in the next month I would answer that Hurleys would require a two man lift.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
If he brings in two of Clingan, Johnson, or one of the ‘21 5 stars in the next month I would answer that Hurleys would require a two man lift.
One down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger