2021 Recruiting: - Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Busy recruitment is heating up for Samson Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
He deleted his twitter right after we started talking about his recent likes (which were all pro Husky).

Reaction Score
I’m a huge UConn fan and love when recruiting heats up but fans shouldn’t be texting players and definitely not tweeting about it. That’s a huge violation and one of these days the program will get in trouble for that. Don’t wanna be “that guy” but UConn compliance tweeted about it yesterday so we should calm down with the out reach a bit

Reaction Score
I’m a huge UConn fan and love when recruiting heats up but fans shouldn’t be texting players and definitely not tweeting about it. That’s a huge violation and one of these days the program will get in trouble for that. Don’t wanna be “that guy” but UConn compliance tweeted about it yesterday so we should calm down with the out reach a bit
You’re right! I didn’t even know this Twitter account existed.

Reaction Score
I dont see how they can pretend to have any control over who fans talk or text with. Not like we're on payroll.
I completely agree with you. I don’t think there should be rules like that. But there are, unfortunately. Fans messaging on twitter is one thing but outright texting kinda pushes the limit. A reporter asking about recruiting is fine. A fan pushing a player to commit to a school over text can be a step too far. The intentions aren’t wrong of course.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I completely agree with you. I don’t think there should be rules like that. But there are, unfortunately. Fans messaging on twitter is one thing but outright texting kinda pushes the limit. A reporter asking about recruiting is fine. A fan pushing a player to commit to a school over text can be a step too far. The intentions aren’t wrong of course. If you have season tickets that makes it even more dicier.
Every kids mentions on Twitter are flooded with fans requesting the kid play at their school. They have to know there's no reasonable way they can police DMs. Besides dont they have bigger issues to work out? Like maybe an FBI investigation into players being paid? I really don't wanna hear it.

Reaction Score
Every kids mentions on Twitter are flooded with fans requesting the kid play at their school. They have to know there's no reasonable way they can police DMs. Besides dont they have bigger issues to work out? Like maybe an FBI investigation into players being paid? I really don't wanna hear it.
I’m saying social media is fine. Texting isn’t. Simple. Not trying to be a downer but UConn compliance didn’t just randomly tweet that.

Reaction Score
DH and his staff are doing an excellent job of recruiting their targets.. They do this in a quiet way with minimal social media noise on their part..Let's let the professionals do their thing instead of throwing road blocks in front of them during the pre-commitment part of their process.. I think the last three years should show our fan base that these guys know what they're doing.. My two cents..

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does UConn have any ability to stop you from reaching out? No. But can the NCAA punish UConn for a donor or season ticket holder reaching out on Twitter? Yes.
I don't think @4TheCycle1 is a donor. Obviously don't offer gifts in return for commitments, but they have no authority over fan DMs.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I dont see how they can pretend to have any control over who fans talk or text with. Not like we're on payroll.
Whether or not the school has control (or "pretends" to) is irrelevant to the fact that boosters (which includes fans) aren't allowed to recruit.

Chill, if there is one thing we've learned over the past couple of weeks is that the staff has it covered.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whether or not the school has control (or "pretends" to) is irrelevant to the fact that boosters (which includes fans) aren't allowed to recruit.

Chill, if there is one thing we've learned over the past couple of weeks is that the staff has it covered.
I just find it funny the ncaa thinks it can tell normal fans what to do. Every player in the country would be ineligible if receiving fan dms was actually a problem, they know they're powerless against it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I just find it funny the ncaa thinks it can tell normal fans what to do. Every player in the country would be ineligible if receiving fan dms was actually a problem, they know they're powerless against it.
Yeah, you are misunderstanding it. They can’t do squat to you, but they can sanction the University because of your actions. Think that is far-fetched? Well, the woman’s basketball program once got a secondary violation because of a fan handed her a handmade poster.

As fans, none of us wanna hurt the program, so we avoid contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom