Burton supports move to ACC | The Boneyard

Burton supports move to ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Phew, that's a relief. I was worried about whether or not he'd let us join.

You said it. With all the offers we have from other conferences, I'm glad we can accept one of them now.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
My favorite part of the article was that he wanted Adazio as the head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's pretty funny how the Boneyard killed Hathaway and co. (I'm the furthest thing from a JH guy) for not fostering relationship with boosters and donors and now that our President is our there doing that exact thing, people are mocking it.

Look, nobody at UConn really gives a F what Burton thinks about our athletic future, but if it makes him feel important to think he has a say, then by all means pick up the phone and talk to the guy for a half hour.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Sue knows what she's doing. I think alot of yarders were upset with Hathaway because of how far the situation got.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Is it that he inherited great talent tho? I'd love to jump on the adazio train but I gotta give him and coach p a lil more time

Reaction Score
Inherited or not, jumping out to 38-0 lead on Edsall and the Terps was impressive. Coach P deserves more time no doubt, but Addazio has been very good in the early going is all I was trying to say...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Fair enough

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Phew, that's a relief. I was worried about whether or not he'd let us join.

It can only be good that he shares the same goal as our president. It's a shame it wasn't that way with our AD earlier in the year.

Reaction Score
It's pretty funny how the Boneyard killed Hathaway and co. (I'm the furthest thing from a JH guy) for not fostering relationship with boosters and donors and now that our President is our there doing that exact thing, people are mocking it.

I'm not mocking that at all.
I'm mocking the idea, which may just come from the headline writer, that Burton is so full of himself to believe that his blessing is needed here. At this point, if anyone comes knocking on UConn's door, an acceptance is a foregone conclusion.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not mocking that at all.
I'm mocking the idea, which may just come from the headline writer, that Burton is so full of himself to believe that his blessing is needed here. At this point, if anyone comes knocking on UConn's door, an acceptance is a foregone conclusion.
Burton is no different than T. Boone Pickens except for the number of zero's behind his name. Every school has these types. It's important to work with them but not let them run rough shot over the school. JH did not know how to handle strong personalities like JC and Burton. That was a major failure for an AD. But it wasn't the only failure and maybe not even his primary failure.

Reaction Score
Is it that he inherited great talent tho? I'd love to jump on the adazio train but I gotta give him and coach p a lil more time

so did Edsall

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I don't mind crapping on Edsall

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Look, nobody at UConn really gives a F what Burton thinks about our athletic future, but if it makes him feel important to think he has a say, then by all means pick up the phone and talk to the guy for a half hour.
EXACTLY! Not rocket science.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Who gives a sheet what he supports.

Our president does, as she should if plans on getting our endowment to 1 Billion Dollars. You've gotta know how deal with these types of people and she sounds like she does.

Reaction Score
Our president does, as she should if plans on getting our endowment to 1 Billion Dollars. You've gotta know how deal with these types of people and she sounds like she does.

If we were donating millions of dollars to charities and institutions we would probably also have similar characteristics to "these types of people".

Reaction Score
a corporate raider from Greenwich whose holdings include a $2 billion printing conglomerate
That speaks volumes to me.............

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
He does what the ACC has done to BE for a living. I think it'd be silly if he was against the ACC

Reaction Score
Good point. Except the ACC had the good sense to grab college athletic programs as opposed to..........printing companies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom