Bueckers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bueckers

Reaction Score
Paige is what UConn fans thought Wiliams was going to turn out to be. Now they can see the difference. Still to early to tell if she is generational. Give it a bit of time. Players go through hot and cold phases. Time will tell if that is the case with her and she is just in a hot phase now.
We did?

Reaction Score
Paige is magical, I’m not sure if she will win NPOY, but she’s definitely Big East POY, and if not that would just be unfair. Geno said she plays at her own pace, and it really showed last night. Geno said similar things about Azzi back when she signed, if Azzi is at the same level as Paige, UConn will just be unstoppable, Real life Splash sisters.

Reaction Score
We did?
I certainly did, Williams said she wanted to be legendary, had a great showing at the McDonald’s game, and then dropped 28 on ND. Williams has always deferred to her teammates.

Reaction Score
I think the thing that makes Paige special and rare is that she is both a pure shooter and a scorer. We have had many great shooters but not with the ability to drive and finish with creativity. We have also had players that were near the basket but could not shoot from the outside. When you add her ability to find open players with her passing, you have , I think, the most lethal offensive player in UCONN history.
Plus , Plus, she has shown that when the games are on the line , she steps up like there is no pressure and delivers.
The only thing in sports that I can compare this phenomena to is when Tiger Woods came on to the PGA tour, we knew he was great, but because he was new, we had no idea where it was going.
Gonna be fun to watch.
Yeah but golf is not a sport .. it's just a past-time .. an activity is NOT a sport unless there is somebody to play defense, eh?

Reaction Score
Paige is what UConn fans thought Wiliams was going to turn out to be. Now they can see the difference. Still to early to tell if she is generational. Give it a bit of time. Players go through hot and cold phases. Time will tell if that is the case with her and she is just in a hot phase now.
I had no such expectations for Williams and in fact, she is pretty much what I thought she'd be. I never trust HS rankings, just my eyes.

Reaction Score
Paige isn’t “going to be” one of the uconn greats. She IS one of the uconn greats.
Now here’s something scary to think about,Azzi is better??
IMO, no, Fudd isn't all around better. They are comparable in a couple areas. Both are very good ballhandlers, but PB is a better passer because no one in college BB sees the floor and anticipates like her. They are both elite shooters, their pullups and 3s are textbook. Defensively they both are fundamentally pretty good but have room to improve being physical and moving their feet. But again, PB's anticipation and open floor instincts are tremendous. For me, all around a slight edge to PB.

Reaction Score
The kid is remarkable! I'm blown away by her ability to shoot a jumper,so smoothly,going to her strong hand. That is so difficult to do!

As an aside...is it me, or is traveling not called regularly anymore? It seemed like PB, NM and CW got away with some.

Boston also has a quick 3 step shuffle she used more than once down low.

Reaction Score
I had no such expectations for Williams and in fact, she is pretty much what I thought she'd be. I never trust HS rankings, just my eyes.
Agree! .. I quoted the fabled IS8 motto bout CW last year, "Bring your game, not your name!"

Apparently, Paige has brought BOTH!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The kid is remarkable! I'm blown away by her ability to shoot a jumper,so smoothly,going to her strong hand. That is so difficult to do!

As an aside...is it me, or is traveling not called regularly anymore? It seemed like PB, NM and CW got away with some.
If you are referencing the wild hook shot, the ball was out of her hands before the pivot foot touched the floor.

Reaction Score
i thought it was hype, but we got a “trae young“ superstar in what 10 games?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sounds like Dan Hurlry may want to borrow Paige.;);)

Hurley watched the second half of the UConn-South Carolina women’s game on Monday night

“That was incredible,” Hurley said. “Just an incredibly fun game to watch. I texted Geno [Auriemma] right after the game. Obviously a great win and Paige is a stone-cold killer. That level of player at that point in her career, to go into a game like that and separate herself like that? ... We talked about it today, the coaches, how you need to show up here when you play basketball at UConn, player or coach, just a reminder of the standard that’s been created by players like her.”

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom