Broken ankle for Bradley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Broken ankle for Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJ

Reaction Score
i saw him today, with a boot, but walking on it. :( he didn't look happy :(

Reaction Score
He cannot redshirt another year. The NCAA rules dictate that you have 4 years of eligibility within 5 years of when you begin school and become an eligible NCAA participant. Even though he redshirted last year, his 5 year clock started.
Medical Redshirt year

C

Chief00

If it was broken it was broken. I hope some day Bradley gets his time in the spotlight. He ha shad a long journey and deserves the best. I agree JC will take care of him.

Reaction Score
What a great kid- I am sure he really wanted to continue to improve and this blows for him. All the best to MB.

Reaction Score
The rule is five years to play four seasons, although you can sometimes get two medical redshirt seasons if you miss two years to injury (Jess Settles did that at Iowa to enable him to throw some cheap shots around in the 1999 NCAA Tournament in his sixth year, and I believe Robbie Hummel of Purdue is currently doing it as well). But alas, you don't get two if you redshirted once by choice and then got hurt. If Bradley had some sort of medical condition last year that could be documented, then the possibility of the second redshirt opens up.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The rule is five years to play four seasons, although you can sometimes get two medical redshirt seasons if you miss two years to injury (Jess Settles did that at Iowa to enable him to throw some cheap shots around in the 1999 NCAA Tournament in his sixth year, and I believe Robbie Hummel of Purdue is currently doing it as well). But alas, you don't get two if you redshirted once by choice and then got hurt. If Bradley had some sort of medical condition last year that could be documented, then the possibility of the second redshirt opens up.
This to me is one of the many mind blowingly stupid NCAA rules and complete defeats the purpose of having a medical redshirt.

I think they should give everyone six years anyway... that'd do more for NCAA graduation rates, etc. than paying kids..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom